What is wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ch3kz, Jun 28, 2012.

1. My plant is 2 weeks old
    it is growing slowly
    the leaves have like dried spots for some reason
    i give it 20 hours light and 4 no light
    i take out my plant in the morning to get sunlight then wen the sun is gone i bring it inside to get lighting..
    does my soil look good?
    plz comment any thoughts or answers..

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      527 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      502.1 KB
      Views:
    • d3.jpg
      d3.jpg
      File size:
      569.9 KB
      Views:
    • d4.jpg
      d4.jpg
      File size:
      504.8 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 DriftingApart, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    What type of soil are you using?

Does the container you're using have drainage holes in the bottom?

How do you know when to water your plant?

Where do you get the water for your plant?....If its tap water, do you have a water report and know what's in your water?

Answer these questions with as much detail as possible (more detail = more precise diagnosis) and I'll try to help to the best of my ability.

Furthermore, I would not recommend moving plants from outdoors to indoors as the change in light intensity could potentially burn your plant (which could explain the brown spots as a heat stress indication); as well as insects acquired outdoors are much more capable of thriving off of your plant in a clean indoor environment.

When a plant is subject to any type of stress, it will grow at a less rapid rate. It's better to choose either one or the other and let it run its course. I know you want to care for the seedling but there's only so much you can do for it before it starts to become detrimental; either is good on its own, a full day of sun is sufficient.

food for thought..

Edit: do you think you could snap a picture of the container it's in as well?

3. Soil looks like it doesn't have enough perlite to me. Looks a bit wet. Plants that small dont need direct sunlight unless it's through a window, as they can get burned easily.

My two cents.

4. they look old enough to go into bigger containers, and start feeding at 1/4 strength nutes...

5. Looks like alittle nute burn man... Probly usin miracleGrow ain't ya?

6. there should be a separate area just for miracle grow users....

7. #7 420patient, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    lol...:D

Makes growin 20x harder than it really is... Should have a warning on the bag not for bud.

8. there is def some truth to that comment, however I've used MG potting mix for both my grows, and have not experienced any noticable nute burn.

9. Looks like the nutes are definetly wrong, that soil looks hella wierd,
    and also the water you could be giving it is fuckig with it.

10. I used MG moisturecontrol my first grow it was succesful but i had alot of issues ph/nutes . So i agree if it's your only choice use it but once you get good soil you'll never look back.:smoke:

11. What type of soil are you using? miracle grow potting mix

Does the container you're using have drainage holes in the bottom?yess it has 3 holes on the bottom.

How do you know when to water your plant?i put my finger into soil 2-3 inches to see if it is moist and also i check the weight..

Where do you get the water for your plant?....If its tap water, do you have a water report and know what's in your water? i just use normal tap water.i do not check the water for ph or anything(i know i should and that is why i just orderd a digital ph tester)..

-i might change the soil..(what is recommended form you guys)
    -

12. #12 420patient, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    Soil i would highly reccomend fox farms ocean forest. But there are alot of other basicly you want a 100% organic with NO added ferts. also id add afew more holes in ur container you want good drainage which alitlle perlite added to ur soil 25%perlite/75%soil is a good idea also.

13. miracle grow does work, and it can work fairly well. i've heard the learning curve is up there though. someone here actually did a thread on m.g. and the end results were pretty good. i think a lot of times people don't feed added nutes at a reduced rate and end up burning their plants. you have to reduce feed when you're using pre-ferted mediums.