What Is Wrong? First Grow? PICS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Anweka11, Mar 19, 2012.

1. This is a cotton candy strain and i planted it 3 days ago after germinating. I thought the leaves would of developed by now especially if its already over 2" above the rockwool. I am giving it CFL light 24/7 for now and was gonna transplant it once the leaves developed.
    Please help me its my first time.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• MA5.jpg
      MA5.jpg
      File size:
      117.7 KB
      Views:
    • MA7.jpg
      MA7.jpg
      File size:
      174.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks fine to me. Give it some time.

3. Looks fine. Patience is important when growing. It looks a bit stretched tho

4. Looks like it's not receiving enough light. Mine never elongate like that and the fact that it turns to one side suggests to me that there is a light issue. How far away is your light and how many Watts, what is the temp in your grow room?

5. [quote name='"Anweka11"']This is a cotton candy strain and i planted it 3 days ago after germinating. I thought the leaves would of developed by now especially if its already over 2" above the rockwool. I am giving it CFL light 24/7 for now and was gonna transplant it once the leaves developed.
    Please help me its my first time.
    Thanks[/quote]

Dude their is nothing Wrong with this little girl, a little stretched sure but hey you can bury half of that stem. If the shell doesn't work it's self off try spraying with some water leave to soften then very very gently with some tweezers you should be as to remove it. Just be careful not to force it. But to be honest it should come
    Off by its self jus has to be a little patient.

I'm guessing you have your lamp quite a distance from you seedling for it to stretch so much so you may wanna brig that down a few inches depending on what lamp you're using. I'd advise about 4" or so from top of plant maybe closer depending on how much heat it's giving off.

You'll do just fine buddy don't panic. :)

6. The grow room is about 72F, I use a mini heater to keep it at that temp, cause if I left it, it would get pretty cold. The CFL light is about 3 or 4 inches and none to little progress in the last 2 days other than the shell is opening minimally, but hardly any difference overall.
    Any Ideas?

7. [quote name='"Anweka11"']The grow room is about 72F, I use a mini heater to keep it at that temp, cause if I left it, it would get pretty cold. The CFL light is about 3 or 4 inches and none to little progress in the last 2 days other than the shell is opening minimally, but hardly any difference overall.
    Any Ideas?[/quote]

Yup as i say don't panic. Your temps are good and all will be well. the reason there is such little progress so far is because the shell still covering your leaves as soon as she hatches it'll start receiving the light it needs and start doing its business.

Give it a spray with some water you and leave it for a bit it may just fall off.

Good luck man! :)

8. Thanks, will let you guys know the progress..

9. Quick question, should I transplant now or wait until the leaves develop?