What is Worked Glass??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Jetlife123, Jan 19, 2011.

1. I'm not really what I would consider a glass noob. Ive got a few spoons/bubbers and a Zob bong. I just am really confused about what the definition of worked glass is. Ive noticed that 'worked' pieces have more solid colored glass, but other than that what is the difference?

2. Its just color sections on glass... Art on glass basically

3. Worked refers to the coloring and design that is on the bong to see a good example of this check out the heady/high end thread that's stickied in the toking tools sec.

4. Glass that has been worked. More Details..Fuming..Frit work..Effects..Sandblasting..Electro-forming..Wigwags..Windows..colored glass.

5. worked glass is basically anything not clear, and not stock color tubing such as the tubing on illadelph

6. glass that is machine made is comercial, glass that is hand made was "worked" by a glass blower. shaped it, gave it color and whatever else they do in front of those hot ass ovens.

7. ..ovens lol..they are called Kilns.

8. not neccesarily, your on the right track though... "commercial" glass usually involves kilns, however not all handmade glass is worked, many pieces can be very heady, but not a bit of color on them