What is/ was your college major?

Discussion in 'General' started by The innovator, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Right now I'm doing psychology at a mainly science based school. My school is huge so I have a ton of options but so far I enjoy psychology. My problem is having a degree in psychology can't really get you a good job. I was considering computer science but the people I know who have done it have the most boring jobs. They get paid well but I couldn't do that day in and day out. I just want some ideas of what y'all did or are doing and how it worked out for you. Thanks.

BTW I do realize grad school is where it's at but I just want a base of guidance.

2. Computer Science

3. mechanical engineering and biology...

4. Electrical Engineering

5. Music. but I'm switching to Communications

6. Mechanical Engineering Technology. Nice to see alot of engineering.

7. business/ what a waste of $48,000 a year .

8. Goddamn. How do you guys handle all that math and such? During highschool the highest math I was in was trig. I never took physics so I got REALLY fucked over. If I had a strong math base things would be different but damn :/

9. Dude, the only thing I ever was good at or am good at now is math. haha.

10. i m indian...it is my duty to be good and math and science or i m a total fail

11. You're a lucky guy. Being good at math is the way to succeed. This might sound silly but how much of the classes you take are math based?

12. i have to take 21 credits of math

13. Hm.. can't believe I'm the first English major to come in here. But I'm a junior at a University and it's getting really fucking boring though, and I don't know if it's going to land me a job I'll enjoy. I'm thinking about switching majors but fuck if I know what I'll end up doing. Got an adviser meeting on the 20th.

I wish I could stand doing math ever again, then I would do something engineer-related like everyone else in this thread haha.

14. Undergrad was biochemistry and botany double. Currently in grad school for social work. Decided to take a different path.

15. I graduated highschool with geometry, never made it to algebra 2, I'm not excited for the future...

16. This is my first year studying electrical engineering.

17. Computer science with minors in math & philosophy

18. What career you looking at getting into?

19. Bro, I am easily bored. But I like my CS job. Go work for a good company and you are set.

CS is special because its like you are an architect, engineer, and craftsman all put together.

When one aspect becomes boring, switch to another.

20. Environmental Science.