What is up with my ''friend''??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by citydwella, Aug 26, 2012.

1. #1 citydwella, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    Hey GC....so here's the deal. My friend is just really weird and i cant figure him out. First of all he has called me on multiple occasions saying he wanted to end it crying, and this last episode he called me crying saying he fucked up he wants to get off unmentionables and he lost all his homies because of it. Then a few seconds later he acts normal and is like hey dude wanna chill? that freaked me out a little. so i chilled with him and he seemed fine telling me hes getting off the unmentionables and is going to get good grades. This week i heard he was buying some unmentionables off this one chick at school...What is up with this kid? he flops back and forth i remeber for months he would smoke everyday and he totally wasn't in his head. Then it seems like he switches tries to be perfect and this year he has been doing unmentionables so i stopped hanging with him, any ideas whats wrong with him? is he bi-polar? he also told me he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and thats why he was taking these certain unmentionables..i need help with this gc

2. Well that's what drug addiction does to ya, I would just hope for him to get straight and stop the bullshit and maybe just avoid him, he might try to bullshit on you like rob you or something, just don't get involved with him or any pill or drug addicts

3. Mood swings maybe idk.don't put speak of unmentionables here block it out or replace it with unmentionables to avoid getting banned .also hes prob wants has something going on bugging him and is confused and stuff

4. [quote name='"juice76849"']Mood swings maybe idk.don't put speak of unmentionables here block it out or replace it with unmentionables to avoid getting banned .also hes prob wants has something going on bugging him and is confused and stuff[/quote]

using the word "unmentionable" doesn't change a thing.. just saying

5. He has a condition, such as the human race does.He wants off obviously.He may have some trouble with that.There is no reason to judge someone because of this.Or any other reason really.If they effect you negativly do something about it.Instead of calling names and placing judgement.Actions speak louder than words and if you don't want to have a friend like that than tell him so.

I myself would offer advice and a lending ear to his problems.

6. Sounds like he calls you before he takes his hit or right after. When he calls he may feel guilty and knows he is fucking up his life when he is crying. Then when the drug hits him he just doesn't care anymore so he's back to normal? Doesn't seem too far fetched.

7. he is an addict

he needs help, not coddling.

call his family and let them know he needs help..or cut all ties and live with it.

...are you a true friend, or just someone he parties with at times?

8. i am a true friend i think, i've told him stuff like hey man, keep doing these unmentionables and its just gonna lead you to no where, he doesn't really listen or changes the subject..i have tried asking him what specific unmentionable hes doing and he doesn't answer, plus the reason i thought he was bi polar is he was talking real loud in a raspy high voice, and he seemed really high or manic

9. Yeah he's an addict, get him some fucking help. Just saying stuff to them doesn't do shit, especially if they're properly addicted. If you really want to help him, get him professional support or get other people like his family to help you.

Horrible path to watch someone go down.

10. First of all he probobly has mental problems, most addicts do. and secondly he obviously wants help. Addiction is one of the hardest things to overcome both mentally and physically. Ive been there and its a very very hard battle.

If hes serious about getting help id actually have him talk to his parents (seems like hes only 18 so im almost positive theyll help.) If hes in as deep as it seems like hes going to need there support for ATLEAST 5 months. PAW's are what you really have to worry about because this is when someone might relapse.

I gaurantee you after your friend gets some help theyll be 100% normal again, drugs change the best of people. Good luck man :smoke: HMU if you need any help at all

11. #11 PlantDefenseB, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    IDK Man if he calls you crying then he looks at you as a TRUE friend. That's something you should think about and try to help your friend. I don't have a single friend I could call crying, he obviously looks at you good man he's not going to rob you don't listen to those idiots. He is in a tuff fucking time and it's called drug addiction, he needs your help man. Tell him addiction is for the weak minded and he's strong and you'll help him beat it and if you find him using anything but bud you will beat his ass.

Sounds like something that is similar to glass but heavier and not really it just a slang name.

12. man he's probably addicted. They'll say anything for a fix, and they don't have any friends.

When your addicted to something you have no self control over your consumption. For instance. I have a G of some dankity upstairs in my room. ITs 9 o clock sunday night, and im WAITING to smoke untill my dad goes to sleep and the new episode of breaking bad comes on.
    Because i can control my usage of weed, i am not addicted.
    Wheras when i went to the pharmacy the other day a bottle of unment. was gone before the end of the day..because i can't control my usage of it...if its in front of me ill do it.

13. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

using the word "unmentionable" doesn't change a thing.. just saying[/quote]

Yea it does it avoids op from getting banned

14. Yeah this doesn't seem too far-fetched at all. I had a friend who was in kinda similar position (addicted to drugs and diagnosed with bi-polar, similarly enough) and he'd do pretty similar things. He would fluctuate from overly emotional (crying on people's shoulders for no reason, etc) to completely stoic in a matter of five minutes. I'd really recommend you at least talk to his parents/someone who cares about him. We tried to do this with my friend but his parents were too far away and didn't really think much of it, he ended up getting arrested and put in the psych ward, haven't seen him in months.