What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zozei, Sep 7, 2009.

1. I've had this silvery speckles for quite some time and they don't seem to do massive damage although obviously they are not helping. I just rip the leaves off but it always come back, what the hell is it? As you can see there is nothing underneath the leaves

any help much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Looks to me like an infestation, leaf miners. Have you inspected very close with a microscope or magnifying glass? Those erratic lines lead me to believe a critter is eating your leaves.

3. I wouldnt worry too much.

4. Yep, had a look through a jewellers eyeglass, little yellowish dudes about 1 ml long. I'm not too worried coz I've had through a couple of nice crops. I'll try getting shut anyway, I'll look for the best way to get rid without harming my plants, cheers every1 who answered

5. Had a look through that pest guide, definately thrips, I know that little bugger in the picture

6. Ladybugs. You need a metric fuckton of ladybugs to eat those spidermites. Do it. It works.

7. LMFAO #1 Answer of the year, you need a METRIC FUCK TON OF LADY BUGS ROFL.

Thank you.. thank you very much lmao

8. ok, but I'm English so they're ladyBIRDS, ok! Yeah ok bugs makes more sense than birds but you still defile our language:p

9. put garlic in water shake it up leave it for a day spray the plant every 2 days killed mine (as in spider mites) in a week