What is the Triple Gem? Who is the Awoken One?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Jun 17, 2011.

1. The Journey through life appears to be full of confusion, and disharmony. You should not worry yourself about this. Every confusion that arises in the world leads to an understanding which furthers the understanding, and ultimate perfection.

Buddhism talks about the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha. They call this the Triple Gem. It is the perfect unity, that appears in three forms. Reality often is viewed in a way that could be divided into three "parts." Buddha literally means "The Awoken One." It cannot be said that Buddha is a person. The historical Buddha himself is recorded as having emphasized this, beyond the further Mahayana writings that make this abundantly clear. Buddha is the great unity. It could be called Buddha Nature. When you speak of "The Buddha" it is referring to the One who has awoken. "He" can be found anywhere in existence. You can either find him, or you can BE HIM. He could be looked at as the great teacher. When you yourself are in touch with "Buddha Nature" you are literally being The Buddha. Yet Buddha Nature never departs from reality, so when you are, for instance, learning from another, or reality itself, this is The Buddha reminding you of the truth.

"The truth" is what is called "The Dharma." Although the Dharma is often expressed in words, it cannot be said to be the words themselves. It is the truth about reality itself. Therefore, it can be found anywhere in reality. When one speaks the truth, he is speaking Dharma. When you hear Dharma, think Dharma, or speak Dharma, this is the teaching of The Buddha; this is true regardless of whether you're "being The Buddha" or interacting with The Buddha

Those who are seeking the Dharma/Truth are the Sangha. When you are in communion with another of like mind, he is of the Sangha. You could look at the Sangha as those who are working together to try to end suffering. Suffering is attachment. We seek a universal end of suffering, which is to say universal enlightenment. When we see one who is suffering, and recognize him as a fellow traveler of the Journey towards the end of suffering, we help to unhook him from his attachments, as we seek to do for ourselves. The interacting of the Sangha/Community, Dharma/Truth, and Buddha/Awoken One all come together as the great ONE, the unity of all of existence.

2. All of these words all mean the same thing. Like I was fucking high as satellites and I was in a holographic video game. It was so obvious that what I see around me isn't really even here. Like it is but it isn't. There is the physical structure and than there is the invisible, infinite force that glues everything together. Like the non-physical is the infinite source and the physical manifests different parts of the non-physical and reflects it like a mirror.

Like idk the amount of synchronicity going on in my head right now is unbelievable...everything I'm thinking of is connected to something else and it's like a puzzle of two different dimensions is coming together in my head.

Idk wtf is going on but...I'm just gonna have to stop talking because there are no words. Ugh why can't I communicate this? I wish we could just be telepathic so I can share this feeling.

Yea shits getting crazy up in here muthafuckin mofos :D

3. I know man. It's like...we've become masters of observing reality. The more masterful we are in our observation, the more masterful our being will be, and the more unbelievable reality will be in it's being so pefectly connected. You are also right, in that it is the coming together of spirit and physical. This is why the energy and vibrational stuff is important. Both physical and non-physical could be described as energetic, and having a vibrational signature/quality. Everything blurs. It flows like water as these differences become so subtle it becomes difficult to see them at all, letalone characterize them.

4. Yea dude like in your head are things becoming harder to distigunish?

Everything is starting to like connect and blur into one inside of my head. Lately I've been thinking with a lot more visual stuff. Like instead of me thinking in a sentence, it will be a visual description of a concept with like a narrator explaining it in hard to understand combination of words.

Like I'll think of something and it makes absolute perfect sense in my head and then I go to re-think it or type it out or say it and it gets all scrambled around. The second I try to bring a thought back up or try to analyze one of my thoughts everything gets scrambled and it won't make sense anymore...well it will still make sense but I will feel like there is a deeper part that my brain is missing, which is obviously because the brain can't comprehend the infinite concepts brought into my consciousness.

Even right now I'm trying to say what's on my mind but I honestly can't bring it into sentences.

Either crazy shits going on or I'm smoking too much weed :D

5. #5 TheJourney, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    No man. This is how reality IS.

The little narrator you speak of is YOU trying to articulate reality. The reason people are, and have always, had trouble fully undestanding things is that they were only looking at it in terms of a PART. The spirit world, the mind, heaven, nirvana, whatever. What makes this time, and us, unique, is that we are bringing this into THE WORLD. This is ALL, so it is and can be present in all of reality. Every little thing, from the most mundane to the most awesomely spiritual, IS the great ONE.

More and more you'll see the futility in trying to attach to some words. The ways in which you're trying to analyze reality are HIGHLY interesting and awesome, yet if the thinking mind analyzes it too much it will find that it is trying to compartmentalize things in a way that fails to encapsulate the entirety of the situation. Therefore, for us to attach to the words is for us to miss the entirety of the point that is being made, which is the ultimate and the SOURCE of all things, including the vision or string of words. Think what you need to think, then let it go until it comes up naturally. Everything that needs to happen, or even that we WANT to happen, will happen naturally, all on its own. No need to attach. Go with things. The synchronicity, and way things work out, are awesome!

6. Yea man when I get these flashes of clear knowledge that all makes perfect sense it just feels awesome in my head if I just let it flow naturally. Once I try to take something I think I heard and then try to make more sense of it, it falls apart and crumbles to pieces before my eyes.

It's like bringing concepts from the 5th dimension to the 3rd dimension...like the 5th dimensional concepts literally cannot exist in 3D. For whatever reason, it's just not possible for my mind to understand.

So like these visions I've been getting lately, it's showing me how the higher consciousness is going to cone and merge with the lower and raise us up into this higher realm of knowledge where the ideas that I can't understand with my mind will be able to be processed by the new 5th dimensional mind. The physical shift into a high realm body and the changing of DNA will allow these higher concepts to become understandable.

You don't have to use those words but thats the easiest way I can describe it.

I feel like the channeled messages from the higher beings are made specifically for us. Like the way they think and communicate with each other is totally beyond our comprehension completely but they knew what terms would be easiest for us to understand. The new age terminology has a good word for a lot of the stuff in buddhism and taoism but with a clearer definition and whatnot. Buddhism is good for people who have already had an awakening and know what path they want to follow.

I feel like the age stuff is made for people who have just awoken and need stuff that is put in common terms and is easily understood without getting too deep.

And I love how we can just talk like this over the Internet. I'm on an iPhone typin on a piece of glass and somehow it writes a message that everyone can understand and billions of people can read it if they wish. Fuck ya :cool:

Shit man...life is fucking beautiful

7. It's awesome. Honestly, I see the great truth in movies and television. I hear it in the music. It's there in all of nature. It's there during all of the conversations you have, and all of the thoughts you have.

It's just...amazing :)

8. Good points from you both.