What is the point of the Drug War?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sublime, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Kay so just wanted to prove a point here.

Isn't the point of the drug war to get criminal drug dealers off the streets, and also to reduce the people who use that certain drug?

Well, if you ask me, ever since prohibition, not only have cartels rose, but the amount of people who now use those drugs, especially marijuana, have rose significantly.

Not only has the Drug war not stopped the criminal dealers and cartels, it's created more. and not only has it done this, but it has also increased to an all time high of users who use these illegal drugs.

So...... what is it that you want to get out of this drug war?

you will find that cartels and street dealers shrink considerably under legalization. also, children and teens are significantly less likely to partake where it is legal.

Perhaps legalization is the true way to win the war.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Consolidation of power for government, militarization of the police force, the enrichment of those involved in drug enforcement

• Like Like x 2
  3. When the people bitched about prohibition, alcohol got legalized. Now there are drunk related deaths at epidemic proportions in the USA. The Feds are so scared that history will repeat itself with marijuana.. But orginizations like NORML will put a stop to that bullshit. Yes, I agree there should be a war on real hard narcotics. But not on weed. You want a real war? Outlaw alcohol and cigarettes and the shit will hit the fan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The real point of the drug war is money, plain and simple. The Pharmaceutical industry has so much to lose if cannabis was legalized at the federal level and the politicians who have their pockets lined with money from these companies will not be too ready to change it and lose the contributions they are used to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You are exactly right, and the pharm industry is just one of many whom keep it illegal. Private prisons, guard unions, some police dep'ts, the entire DEA, etc.

This post was more so about those who are pro-Drug war. I was just pointing out how they need to re-evaluate what it is their goal is, And to ask them, after 70 years of prohibition, have you met your goals? Have you even gotten close to meeting your goals? No, I'd say you made it even WORSE, you've made the problem spread like wildfire and you've created more of the very thing you were trying to stop.

6. The point is money, it's sad, what's needs to be done is step 1, the Bud needs to be legalized in every state, step 2, every person that was put in jail or prison over weed ( possession or selling ) needs to be let out ASAP so we can use that space for true criminals, nobody should be in prison for weed it is a victimless crime in the highest sense of the phrase, they need to look at the books and say okay he or she was booked for cannabis, then let them out that day, no probation, records cleaned, and start fresh, step 3, fire the idiots that have a issue with it. You see the DEA don't want potheads out, because they make over 60.000 a year, and they don't want to mess with the big boys because it's dangerous, so they mess with the potheads because they know most potheads are not violent and it's easy, it's sickening, but I truly find people that are in jail for weed very disturbing, so hats off to Colorado, and I hope it spreads, and I hope the new president frees the cannabis nation. I pray that they get let out. Anyway that's my take and I'm sticking with it. Peace out and everyone have a wonderful Tuesday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's not about the drugs as much as it is about control. Same with gun control.

To think that the government can prohibit or restrict demand is absurd. No government can change economic laws.