What is the minimum time of service in Air Force?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 13, 2011.

1. if i joined the airforce, how long would i have to stay minimum before getting out?

See my plan is to get my college degree, join the air force, work in it for like 4 years, then move to hawaii, and retire there, and once i'm out, grow weed for the rest of my life :hello:

2. Been wondering the same, seeing as how I live 10 minutes from the Air Force Academy

But then I realize growing weed will make me more money than I could possibly get doing it the legal way

3. you live in colorado haha, totally different circumstance.
    plus, hawaii>colorado :p

4. I hear Hawaii is expensive as fuck

I can understand where you're coming from, it's pretty much grow weed, rob a bank or join the service to survive there

5. I bet it is but i figurre ill get the income somehow!

6. Mos Def is a beastly rapper and your sig is hilarious so at least you have that going for you

7. Yea the cost for living in Hawaii is very very high especially in this shit hole of an economy...

8. Just looked up Hawaii's unemployment and it's WAY below national average

Wasn't expecting that

9. It depends on what you enlist for. Enlistment can either be 4-6 years. Then you'll probably be put into reserves for another 4 years. So 8-10 years, but only 4-6 active.

10. So if Im on reserves is growing weed against the rules

11. I wanna say yes, because they can call you back in at any given moment.

But if they did, and you were growing, I would assume all you would have to do is destroy the plants and start again when you return home.

12. Only problem is, there is no saying when they might call you so you might have to take a drug test with extremely little notice.

13. Which could make growing and smoking the grow pretty......wasteful? I wanna say, can't think of the word.

IDK man, I think the service would be cool to try once. Get some money, do the time, get out, start smokin again. Plus get some experience too.

Can't say I;m being really helpful. Kinda woo.

Possibly disregard this post.

Ya pry best to do that.

Good luck man. Hope all turns out well in what ever endeavor you choose.

14. That fucking sucks.

15. Yeah, if you're going to go into it, you should quit smoking and get it done and over with. You don't want to risk a dishonorable discharge. That will follow you around and haunt you.

16. For sure. Not something you want to get while in service.

17. Actually..I can grow the weed, I just can't smoke it!
    So maybe it can work!

18. Have a really trust worthy friend grow it for you and store it while at base and stuff?

:confused_2:

19. I did the straight four years. You get the GI Bill and VA Beni's after you do your time,which is worth it,IMO

Don't believe jackshit the recruiter tells you. I put in for Thailand and Hawaii. I got Turkey,which turned out to be hash heaven. My buddy put in for the same and ended up at a NORAD base in Thule,Greenland for 18 months. He never got to Thailand or Hawaii.

Back then monthly pay going in was a whopping 96 dollars a month. It increased as your grade went up. I think I was getting all of 127 bucks a month when I was discharged?

That actually wasn't bad where I was stuck at. Turkey was cheap out in the boonies. Hell,it was cheap everywhere.

The guys in Western Europe and Japan had it rough financially,especially if they had a family. But at least they had a shot at getting a girlfriend w/o causing a major ruckus amongst the locals.

With the way things are now,I'd opt for the Coast Guard. I've got friend who's a Col. in the Air Force. He was deployed to Afghanistan for 18 months in 2008. He's still there.

20. 96 dollars a month!?