What is the easiest way to grow an autoflower using no till?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Anonymous96, Jan 5, 2021.

1. I was talking to a buddy of mine on discord and he tells me he grows using the no till method where he doesn't or does as very minimal disturbance of the soil as minimal as possible. He tells me that he collects scraps and they become a compost rich with nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium that he uses as a top dress the soil so the plant gets its nutrients from the soil that just had compost too dressed on it.

Couldn't I just buy compost and top dress my fox farm ocean soil when the plant gets its first pistils so it can get it's ok?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have made many of these using a 5 inch X 5in plastic fence posts .
    If i was going to grow auto flowers ONLY this the system or way I would grow .
    These things will NOT grow large or medium sized plants...................
    Just perfect for a auto flowering strain ..
    AeroFlo2-20 Site Aeroponics System GH8000 - Dealzer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is not a hydroponic thread.

4. There is Compost and there is the crap big box store sell that says Compost right on the bag but it is not composted at all instead it is just shredded trees.
    There is one exception.
    [​IMG]
    coast of maine stonington blend
    Any Coast of Maine products come highly rated.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Never said it was ,, i was only saying what I thought would work the best for growing Auto flowers .
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you look up what is consider a hydroponic grow ,,,you would notice that using a compost is considered a hydroponic growing ...
    But what the hell you knew that right o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I like how people are just like fuck vegetation times now and days. Vegetation is literally sticking up on nutrients and priming itself for flower. The plant just like we want as well wants to swell and get as large as possible in flower because that is their whole life cycle goal and process in continuing it's ability to make seeds and live. The problem with No-Till is things take time but being patient is so worth it in my opinion when you get to harvest. Things really pick up after your first harvest because now many sugars are being created from the decomposition of the old roots. Be careful of ants because they love it and find it easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Why can't I just simply top dress my fox farm ocean soil with organic compost alone when it gets its pistils to feed the soil and keep it healthy for the plant?

9. First off fox farms is not organic at all and especially not No-Till. Its actually pretty hot premixed with chemical fertilizers and salts. If you top dress only the soluable % will be taken up and the insoluble % meant for decomposition will just slowly raise electrical conductivity of the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alright then why not just just just the compost, the perlite, and the peatmoss/coco coir being the base and only components of this self made soil and I only top dress only the compost to keep the soil alive? Without adding any dry amendments.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. 1/3 compost, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 peatmoss would work great as a simple but extremely effective mix. I add each base by 7.5 gallons which is equal to 1 sq cf which you will need to measure amendments later on. Your rock based amendments are basically your home base for microbes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. With No-Till kiss definitely applies (keep it simple stupid) you are basically feeding the microorganisms in the soil. So dont worry about throwing every single ammendment out there into your soil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ok nice, I plan to grow in a 5 gallon container. What rock based amendments do you recommend?

14. 15 gallon or more is considered a No till soil because otherwise you will be top feeding constantly. I actually lucked out and got beneficial adomiate mites in my soil that eat fungus gnat larvae and greatly help in decomposition.

15. I grow autoflowers in notill soil. There is a whole sticky thread on it in this forum. The thread name is in my sig line.
    Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  16. Then how would you grow an autoflower in a 5 gallon pot organically?

17. Yep that thread is a sticky and I have seen it and dont believe it. Now I completely understand hydroponics and the use of autos for production makes amazing sense. Just believe it skips veg basically and focuses more solely focused on the flowering process which is what the plant is designed to do. I just believe the money you spent on the seed and how much you can do with a single photo seed yield wise you are definitely not benefitting much. Like I said though hydroponics and force feeding it is what I believe the whole intention behind the creation of the auto flower is for. Bet it would make bomb light dep as well in a coco medium.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Compost teas. Your roots are able to take that up fast because it is more easily available to roots without waiting on enzymes and microbes to break in down over time.

19. What don't ya believe?
    cheers
    os

20. The time it takes for root development and combining with the nutrient mycorrhizae web that has helped connect the web of nutrients system throughout the soil and evenly feeding plants. However just so you know this is all my opinion but I dont think there has been much scientific research on autoflowers in No-Till. Legalization has just made it much easier for scientists in this field to study cannabis without being criticized by colleagues or the federal government bullying. Like how flushing is completely not necessary at end of harvest and best to dust very lightly feed towards the end. Your plant is still alive those two weeks and needs to eat.