What is the color of your aura?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hardstyleaz, Sep 17, 2009.

1. #1 hardstyleaz, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    At this moment?
    Lately I've been reading on auras, so I decided to give it a try and find out my own.
    Turns out mine is a bright sky blue.
    Want to find out yours?
    Try this exercise and see if you can find the color of yours! :)

Seeing the Aura

This exercise is designed to see Aura for the first time and/or practice seeing Auras. Choosing good conditions is important: not only you see the Aura better, but also to gain a confidence about what you see.
    1. Situate the person in front of a very softly illuminated PLAIN WHITE background. A color background will change Aura colors, so you need additional knowledge about combining colors. Some combinations of background and Aura colors may cause misinterpretation problems.
    2. Choose ONE SPOT to look at. The middle of the forehead is VERY GOOD. This is a location of so called Brow Chakra or the Third Eye. In some cultures (India) they put a mark on a forehead. Such a mark in ancient times could mean the invitation to look and see the Aura.
    3. Look at this spot for 30 to 60 seconds or longer
    4. After 30 seconds analyze surroundings with your peripheral vision, while still looking at the same spot. Continuing the concentration is most important. Resist temptation to look around. You should see that the background nearby the person is brighter and has a DIFFERENT color than the background further away. This is your own perception of the Aura. The longer you concentrate, the better you will see it. Remember, concentration on one spot increases your sensitivity by accumulating the effect of the Aura vibration reaching your eyes.

How to see your own Aura

Stand about 1.5 m in front of a good size mirror. In the beginning it is best if the background behind you is plain white and there are no shadows. Illumination should be VERY soft and uniform not bright. Follow instructions above for seeing Auras.

PRACTICE for at least 10-15 minutes each day to increase your sensitivity and develop Auric sight. Remember that practice is required to develop Auric sight.

Observing auras of other people

The best is to look directly at someone's brow chakra (third eye or wisdom eye, which is located @1.5 cm above the nose, between eyes) and aim to achieve the state of mind similar to the concentration technique described above for at least 30-60 seconds. I have tried also looking at throat and heart chakras with similar results. However, if you concentrate on someone's chest it looks so unusual that the person concerned is usually very uneasy about it. When you look into someone's brow chakra you can actually continue conversation.

Again, VERY softly illuminated background, with no shadows is best. With practice, any uniformly illuminated background (such as a blue sky for example) will suffice.

Source: Observing Aura Color - Meaning of Aura Color

Edit: I'm not saying the color of an aura necessarily describes us, but it's a cool thing to see. :)

2. I'm not yet capable of seeing actually colours in my aura yet really, but I have seen hints leading me to believe my aura is a deep, almost dark, but bright blue. In my obes its like a striking, rich, deep blue.

My friends who said they have seen it say they have seen mostly green or orange though, but I haven't found this to be the case for myself yet.

3. I have a bright gold aura right where my testies are. Theres even a small angel that lives in my pubes that goes hallelujah whenever i notice this aura.

But seriously, i heard children can apparently make out auras better than adults?

4. Green, of coarse;)

5. Deep sea green color or the color of rainy grasslands

6. idk like i tried to see but i dont think im doing it right it keeps alternating between red green and blue

7. I read auras and I am grateful for it. I can quickly scan someone and get all the information I need. Trustworthy, emotionally healthy, etc. I trust my aura reading implicitly.

Your aura is not a fixed colour, it changes. I tend to associate blue with health, so the light blue would suggest good health, to the poster with the dark blue I would imagine there are some underlying health issues, physical and/or emotional.

8. [quote name='"DenialTwist"']I read auras and I am grateful for it. I can quickly scan someone and get all the information I need. Trustworthy, emotionally healthy, etc. I trust my aura reading implicitly.

Your aura is not a fixed colour, it changes. I tend to associate blue with health, so the light blue would suggest good health, to the poster with the dark blue I would imagine there are some underlying health issues, physical and/or emotional.[/quote]

That's probably more than true. I've got some physical and mental issues I'm working out.

I've now seen a deep violet, and I've been told by others that they have seen green and orange before? So I definitely believe auras do change colour.

9. There are layers to auras, each revealing a little more. Violet I tend to associate with spirituality, the deepness possibly indicating the beginning of your journey. Different tones have different meanings. Orange is a colour I haven't always been able to connect with for some reason.

This made me think, I wonder if there is a relationship with aura colours and chakras. Blue being the crown 7th chakra, spiritual, and violet for the 6th chakra, the third eye, suggesting that the health issues (on an the mental plane) are due to spiritual awakening, maybe it conflicts with certain base beliefs. The green for the 5th chakra communication, orange for 3rd?

10. Is clear a color?

11. [quote name='"Sativanya"']Is clear a color?[/quote]

As far as I know, the very first layer of an aura, the one just hugging your skin, is usually a clear, blurry layer. Sometimes it may be smokey, opaque or greyish. The coloured aura is normally the layer above that.

12. prolly blue. or maybe like rick james.

[​IMG]

13. [quote name='"DenialTwist"']

There are layers to auras, each revealing a little more. Violet I tend to associate with spirituality, the deepness possibly indicating the beginning of your journey. Different tones have different meanings. Orange is a colour I haven't always been able to connect with for some reason.

This made me think, I wonder if there is a relationship with aura colours and chakras. Blue being the crown 7th chakra, spiritual, and violet for the 6th chakra, the third eye, suggesting that the health issues (on an the mental plane) are due to spiritual awakening, maybe it conflicts with certain base beliefs. The green for the 5th chakra communication, orange for 3rd?[/quote]

This is awesome. You've really got me thinking too. I should do more research on the different chakras, their colours and what they are related too.

This is definitely worth some practicing to see my aura. Maybe I'll try to start a habit of trying to see my full body aura in a mirror every day, and recording it. Keeping a journal along side of it to keep track of any issues that could coincide with it.

14. Transparent.

15. does any one know why im seeing three colors they rapidly morph into the oner colors red, green and blue?

16. Awesome! Mine is green :D

17. ".... whoa, amber is the color of your energy."

Hell if I know, I'm not clairvoyant.

The closest thing I can tell you is this. I am in the beginning stages of developing the etheric vision, and when I look at my hands at first it's just a clear layer buzzing around them, and then as I focus more, it separates into 3 thin layers, one is a yellow/blue color, one greenish, and one red. It permeates about 1/4-1/2 inch from my skin. This is the etheric aura of the 4 ethers that are in a human (animals having three, plants 2, and minerals only 1). They aren't the colors as you actually see them, those are just the closest comparisons I can make. The yellow color looks like seeing yellow blue and green all at once, but not mixed together, obviously it's impossible to describe since it's beyond the spectrum of regular vision.

As far as someone standing back against a white surface, you aren't seeing the aura, you are just seeing the light that emanates from the body, it expands about an inch off the skin and doesn't really have a color, you just see a glow, after staring your mind may put colors in this glow but it's not the actual astral or mental aura. The aura isn't just one color. There are multiple colors in the aura. The astral and mental auras expand a bit less than arm and leg length from the torso, and a healthy purified aura expands beyond them. The Adept clairvoyantly looks like a Sun without his aura suppressed, and it expands for miles. Just being in the presence of an Adept will cause purification (called katharsis in Theurgy) of the energy channels (nadis) and one most often will twitch uncontrollably just like you do while doing pranayama or some other exercise that purifies the nadis.

18. See my above post. You are likely seeing the ethers emanating from the body.