What is the best type of perc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by scottie rippen, Jan 7, 2013.

1. It fires off of all rings. Im looking at it now. :wave:

2. ive watched videos of the stereo matrix bubblin. tell me if im wrong but when you pull on it that botton perc doesnt have water in it when you pull so smoke goes through the bottom part dry and the top part wet so that would be the only part where it percs right?

3. The bottom perc suctions water into it, bubbles up and through the water, and then the top part becomes void, air that was diffused from the bottom goes up through the slits on the top... So no, the bottom IS working...

4. but when you pull on it all the water is either under the bottom perc or in/over the top perc so I still don't get how it goes through the bottom one with water. I'm not arguing im just sayinh I dont understand it.

5. I don't know man all of the videos of the mobious matrix I've seen show the piece only firing through the top 2 or 3 rings when taking the hit. It's only whenever it is being clear that all the rings fire. I haven't hit one yet, but it looks like a perc designed for aesthetics rather than functionality.

6. ^^^^ it depends if you are using a bowl, or a nail. Backpressure and airflow change how many holes fire. It is literally on my coffee table. 60t vs 65t makes a difference too.

Scottie, the bottom matrix is inverted, in that it works backwards to the one up top. If that makes sense?

7. No, the perc was not designed for all holes to fire off when hitting, all the extra holes that only fire when clearing are there to make less drag. It's meant to be a highly diffused, zero drag perc.

8. ok yea i guess that makes sense

9. I understand its meant to be a highly diffused perc, and I'm sure it has little to no drag. I was just saying I think it is more aesthetically pleasing, than functional. I don't know why but I don't like Mobius. Maybe I'll hit one and change my mind but until then...

10. Im seriously looking at it, used a vapenwiser, domed nail, and an ice pinch. If you build up a drag on it all holes fire, the ice pinch doesn't do it as uniformly only when back pressures released

11. Milk vid then please, id like to figure out how to get all of mine to fire lol

12. So you have never hit one, but you can say the perc is just for looks?

13. Yes, I have not hit one. But to be clear I said from the videos I've seen I think it is more aesthetically pleasing than functional. That's my personal opinion, I also said my opinion could change once I've hit one.

I feel the same way about all Mobius glass, but I've been proven wrong many times.

14. Why do u keep sayin that the top matrix is void? It isn't only on rare pieces from a batch that should be destroyed. The bottom perc works as an implosion perc sucking the water into the holes with the smoke and then when it goes to the top matrix it functions as a normal perc not an implosion. And it is NOT BYPASSED AT ALL. here's a vid of mine for proof... http://youtu.be/JTo26AIFa8M

15. ok that makes a lot more sense in I get ya. I think I'm gonna get one even though I was set on that sovereignty kingstemline cause it's double perced and looks crazy.

16. #56 Alldayeryday, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    lol... I never said it was bypassed in this thread man, I literally just said exactly what you said... The bottom is inverse, the top perc pulls air UPWARDS through the slits producing bubbles whereas the other one is pulling it upwards as well only it's inverted... it is upside down so the bubbles go through the water that is suspended... And the bypassing was just was a word of warning on the 60t vs 65t, I've seen it on several of them so idk how rare it really is?

17. Oh my bad and it is fairly rare the ones that are like that are mainly from *** as circle ordered them smashed but *** didn't do so they sold em anyway. There was only 1 batch ever made like that and none were meant to be sold. You can read all about it on TC

18. i must say i love my sovereignty 75mm natty stemline....the kingstem is a close 2nd

19. ur actually the 3rd person to say it.. lol check the later pages