What is the best system?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shurbb, Nov 4, 2006.

1. what system is the best

2. hydroponics i assume?

3. There should be multiple category's for this yield, growth rate, reliability, fail safe i find it hard to say that aeroponics are the best when a pump failure could kill my plants in an hour.

4. Is soil/ soilless and hand watering not a system?

You damn kids with your fancy pumps and drippy things...I oughta mumblemumblemumble...

5. lol you forgot about 20%-27% thc content

6. WOW! I have to agree here, I feel personally that soil/soiless and handwatering is a system, and any problems or mistakes is on you. I mean I basically do everything that the hydro and bubbling, and drip, and flow.......etc.... do; check PH on every watering, monitor my humidity & temp., measure my nutes, etc... I just like growing in soil. I really do not see where anything is faster than another, my clones are maybe 2 inches or so when they root and they grow to 12-14 inches in about 20-30 days. As for flowering, it depends more on the strain, you cannot make the buds mature faster, most varieties take 7-9 weeks.....is a hydro. or any of the other systems going to make them mature faster...I doubt it b/c it is in the genetics of the strain.

I think use whatever you feel works best for you, I just leave for days sometimes and never have to worry about my plants dying, where if I had one of these and something went wrong w/ a pump or something my plants would dead when I return.

I'm sure everyone has had great results w/ any one of these systems, so the point would be moot. None of these are going to improve the quality of the finished product.

7. Wow man you really need to read up on hydroponics i wish i still had og to reference for you but i don't and I'm lazy so I'm not typing it all out.
    But using hydroponics increases the yield and potency of the weed its just like feming, the plant has to less work to get a better quality of life. There for it can devote all of its energy to growing tall and strong in the veg stage and then all of its energy producing bud in the flowering stage.

The growth rate that comes from a dwc system is explosive its probablythe fastest aside from aeroponics but aeroponics are a lot more prone to failure if not maintained properly.

Anyways yeah my point is using hydroponics seriously does boost the plants growth rate. yield and the thc potency.

8. please show us where growing method increases potency? i'm anxious to read that. (i'm not holding my breath)

9. Yes, hydro/aero does grow pot a little faster and bigger. Potency is arguable. Some of the strogest pot grows outdoors in soil. At one point, my friend ran a seed bank and to put together his catalog, he took all his strains to a gas spectrometer. All strain, all methods, and the most potent one turned out to be a wee plant grown in soil.

So, for a little more yield and a lot more risk, hydro/aero is better. I personaly like to be able to leave the house and not come back for a few days without worrying about pumps, nozzles, solution, leaks, root rot, high humidity, etc., etc.

But to each his own.

10. Increases potency? Shite!

Even yeild in soil can match or beat hydro, if you know what you are doing. 3LB (Three Little Birds, a small gang of hippie growers) have published results of up to 4g/Watt, with pics to prove it. Seen that with hydro?

Another thing. We still don't entirely know what a plant's requirements are. For instance, it was only recently discovered that Nickel was important. Hydro solutions prior to that had none. But that still didn't stop people raving about how great hydro was. Can our understanding of Cannabis growing really be complete? I don't think so.

What if some of the other elements that we still don't know about, are also important to the overall life-cycle of Cannabis? A spectrometric analysis of Urine is most interesting; it has every single element, and much more besides.

If you measure by "quantity and effect", you may prefer hydro (under pure HPS). If you measure by "quality and nature", as I do, you might just prefer soil, and more interesting lighting.

-mu