What is the best outdoor sativa? Best outdoor indica?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chuk713, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Best in terms of yield and respective effects. I'm growing in southeast Michigan.

Thanks for the help.

2. Depends on your latitude, right now there is some durban poison, although it might just be bagseed i got from some guy. Who knows it looks delicious but i'm 3 hrs under michigan.

3. Thanks. I'm about to harvest some plants I got from some decent bag seeds. Next year I want to know exactly what strain I'm growing and why. Just trying to do my homework so that I'm ready in the spring.

4. [quote name='"chuk713"']Thanks. I'm about to harvest some plants I got from some decent bag seeds. Next year I want to know exactly what strain I'm growing and why. Just trying to do my homework so that I'm ready in the spring.[/quote]

You won't be able to tell til they grow. Give them plenty of sunshine and plant early.

5. I'm not too worried about figuring out what I have growing now, I'm just trying to decide what to grow next year.

6. You may want to try some sativa dom hybrids for way up there. I doubt any true sativas could finish in time. Also, any good early Kush/Afghani strain should do well. I've grown VISC's Burmese and Mystic, and they lean more towards the sativa aroma,flavor, and effect, and finish early. If you got them out early, you could probably expect to harvest those late Sept. where you are.

7. Midwest plants need to be fast finishers like end of Aug or early Sept and need to have heavy mold and pest resistance. I would say a good auto flower would be the best bet unless you can light dep.

8. I tried guerrilla gusto this year and it is huge and has done great at fighting off mold and growing very well. 6 feet for late June grow and buds the size of a 2 liter.

9. #10 chuk713, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
    [quote name='"Tbitty Legend"']I tried guerrilla gusto this year and it is huge and has done great at fighting off mold and growing very well. 6 feet for late June grow and buds the size of a 2 liter.[/quote]

I found the Guerrilla's Gusto and it looks real tempting.

http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/guerrilla-s-gusto

10. It looks like I will have a pound from 2 plants

11. Very nice!

12. I know someone who lives in Southern Saskatchewan who can grow the Lowrider autos start to finish outdoors. I'm thinking where you are OP, that you should have at least several more weeks of doable weather than way up there. I think RD is spot on about the autos. How many weeks of growable weather do you have there on avg?

13. 6 maybe 7 months

14. #15 poppybgood, Sep 22, 2012
    Damn, that's more than what I thought. You could definitely do some early finishing hybrids for sure if you wanted to bring some sativa flavor to the table.The Burmese x Fucking Incredible- Mystic F1 hybrid I made finishes late August here if put out in May, so it would definitely finish before the end of Sept. up there.
    I've got my eye on that guerilla gusto as well. It sounds good.

Edit: Check this one out if you like cerebral sativas. This is the earliest finishing one I've found/ what they said in the description isn't true though, it's lineage also has lowland Afghani in it. You can't tell by the aroma or high though, and she's about a 50 day finisher outdoors here. Of course the days get short faster here.
    http://vancouverseed.com/pgallery/visc/pages/Burmese_P2210242_JPG.html

15. I went to their website and checked those out. They look like great options, but I saw so many that looked yummy.... Too bad I can't grow them all hehe

16. I always liked seeds from KC Brains. All his plants and info is for outdoors. Try to find a old growers thread from your area to see whats working.

17. Cinderella 99 Aka c99. Strong sativa, fast flowering. Female seeds has them through attitude.

18. #19 clodhopper, Sep 22, 2012
    yeah, i got a buddy in C. Michigan thats been growing Biddy early and Sensi star for years and both of those will do just fine and are of a very good quality. In fact, the sS is at the top of the indica list with 5 cannabis cup wins and 4 regional cups. Its been the best indica money can buy for years. Ive grown it at 38 for 10yrs or more.

Blue Widow from Dinafem would be a very good strain for you. It gets big, has a fruity flavor and smell, yeilds a lb and finishes mid to late sept. Its and easy grow with above average potency.

Spontanica from KC brains is a huge plant that would finish by mic october and yeilds 2lbs or more. She's a tough cookie for the outdoors

Both strains come femmed and are reasonably priced. Sprout and plant

There are some others that would do very well for you but they are often out of stock. "Rox" by paradise seeds is wonderful. Mid sept finish, wont mould under any conditions and a decent yield.

Early pearl from sensi is an excellent outdoor strain for your lattitude. it gets big, produces a lb or more of very good smoke, sativa leaning and finishes late sept but it doesnt come femmed.

Early Queen from Mr. Nice seedbank is also very good but it also doenst come in femmed. This causes one to have to find a mom and make clones or plant twice as many plants and then cut the males.

19. easy sativa, maroc,or purple maroc from female seeds. inexpensive and robust plants. i'm growing maroc this season,about 2 weeks til harvest. the plants are over 8 foot tallwith beautiful full buds that have great sweet and fruity smell.