what is the best bulb for digital ballasts.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jb5355, Oct 5, 2012.

1. I run 600 watt phantom's and its time to get new bulbs. I was running digilux but when it was time to replace them my local hydro store wasn't carrying them because they said they were getting to many returns so I let them talk me into some cheaper bulbs but I don't like them. So what are you guys running in your digital ballasts?

2. Id go:
    Digilux for hetal halide

Ushio for high pressure sodium

3. Does the bulb have to be specifically for a dimmable ballast? Or will any bulb be ok to dim thats the same watts as the ballast? Never really thought about it got my first setup bout 6 month's back and im planning to buy new bulbs and wasn't aware that there was a difference.

4. Great questions I've read stories about bulbs failing when paired with digital ballasts, so id be interested if anyone has any feedback on this. Most digital ballasts seem to come with digilux bulbs when they are part of a package, not sure if that's a price thing or a compatibility thing. Anyone else out there running a 600w digital ballast?

5. The most popular sized bulbs are 600W or a 1000W, and they should feature enhanced spectral output and should be dimmable. The low frequency ballast should be able to accommodate both HPS and MH bulbs, and it should be able to power those bulbs to shine at peak performance every time.

Grow Light Guide To Hydroponics Lighting.pdf