What is the average rate of growth?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by temperamental69, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I was just wondering, on the average, how many inches do plants grow a day? I heard somewhere it was 2" a day if ideal, and someone told me that it was more like 2" a week. I have had my plants for approximately 8 days and I swear they've only grown an inch at most.

2. Ya know I never measured. So long as the plant is happy and green and growing I'm good with it. One of the added benefits of gardening IMO is that it develops patience.

I wouldn't worry about it just tend your plants and they'll be fine.

3. It´s not a race - never measured how much they grow in a day. Just interested in how many ounces of dried I get at the end.

4. #4 lessismore, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
    I can only go by my experiences and knowledge of the growth stages. I'm watching this grow very close. From placing the seeds in the medium, it has been 27 days. It was 4 days before they popped thru the surface of the medium to begin the seedling stage. The seedling stage took another 12 days before they finished out the max number of blades per leaf. So I'm in day 11 of veg and NL's are 9-11 inches, SMG is all over 12 inches, and Skunk #1 is over 10 inches. So 1-2 inches of growth in veg is a fair estimate.

It all depends on the strain, but in my experiences it is about 1 inch or so a day in veg. Remember seedling stages can take awhile depending on strain and grow conditions. Veg does not start until the leaves reach their maimum number of blades per leaf(in most strains 9-11). Once veg begins, you will see a noticable difference every other day or so if you have decent gorw conditions and medium.

less

5. its going to be hard to get a straight answer, to many variables. Your light, air, nutes, temp,strain, water all play a part. each grow space has its own issues,
    generally new plants from seeds take some time to get thier roots dug in before you see big growth, If its 8 days old Im assumming you are just giving her straight water with no nutes right? what kind of lighting and how far away? You should be on 24 hours of light right now also, this will increase growth.
    i agree with oldschool, growing builds patience...
    but to answer your question. this is in my area:
    Ive seen as much as 2-3" a day during flower stretch and as little as zero during late flower.. of course the buds were getting fat but verticle was 0.
    You must be new so pay attention to your baby, look around here for soil grows, compare you perameters the thiers and just make sure your giving your baby what she needs and she will do the rest.:D
    gluck buddy, welcome to your new hobby!