What is the advantage of an Ebb n Flow system over a Bubble Bucket?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by iceh20, Sep 4, 2009.

1. I am about to start my grow shortly. I watched the Mr. Green vid a bunch of times and was set on the Ebb N Flow system, however, when i came on here i saw a bunch of people are getting outstanding results with Bubble Buckets. Can anyone tell me which would be better? Or are they just alternative growning methods that wont really effect my yield?

And I have read the forum quite a bit and understand that yield is effected by many factors, not just the method of growing. But if all things were equal other than the method, what would the difference be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

BTW, I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

2. LOL hey man if you don't get an answer at first ...wait ..please do not double post ...give it a day for the earth to rotate at least so everyone gets a chance to answer .. catch my drift?

and yes I see this was the first one ..not trying to harsh ya .. just pointing it out to you man

3. Check out the Ebb and Grow system made by custum automated products. It is a ebb and flo but each plant gets its own 2 gal. pot. My favorite hydro system on the market, although the aeroponics misters are pretty nice. I made one of the buble buckets with the directions on this site and it works good but I wouldn't want to have to care for more than 5 buckets at once.

4. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback. I think i'm going to go with the Ebb n Flow. I didnt know the bubble buckets were so much maintenance.

5. Each system has its own set of maintenance issues, if you plan on doing a large number of plants, ebb and flo is going to make your life easier, its just a pain in the butt to dump 10 different buckets and then fill them all up again and dose them with the right level of nutrients, then ph them all. If you plan on growing just a few plants then DWC is going to be simpler than the Ebb and flow.

Dwc mostly has its advantage in the fact that you get a huge rootmass. Lots of roots helps feed big buds. Of course with ebb and flow you are trading big buds for more buds. ( and the buds will still be a decent size)