What is the absolute bare minimum you can grow with?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dr. Natty Light, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Hey guys n gals, real quickie here...
    I've been researching for a while now about growing cannabis, and most of the guides I come across are either too complicated, or too minimal to seem worth it.

Now I just want to know what you need to have a successful harvest. I don't have tools to build a grow box in my apt, or the time, so I wanted to just use my closet. It's all white with a white sliding door that's a mirror on the exterior side. a little bigger than a standard closet, but seems like I could dedicate half of it to growing a plant with plenty of room. That's what I'd like to grow in if possible. I can add reflective materials no problemo. I can drop some $$ on an LED, but I'd like to see just a decent harvest to know that I CAN do this before I buy actual equipment.

Anyone wanna throw in some details? I'm not looking for a big harvest either, maybe an oz or two. Buying a good light is no big deal.

2. if i was you i would just buy a cheap mars hydro led light to check out their like a 100 bucks if you go with hid lights youre gonna have heat probs out the ass. good luck.

3. I'm only repping LED's son :pimp:.
    I split an electricity cap with two other people, don't wanna complicate things :{} also the pinkish purple color looks sweet

-- And is the LED all I really need? Besides good soil, fertilizer, etc...

4. throw a fan in there and you should be good to go man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. First timer here too, so cant really give any full insight. But did try a similiar setup. Like you I have the same type of closet ( space i was going to use was about 2x3x6) and I tried and failed at using it. However I was trying to use a MH light and even tried 4 120 watt fluorescent. Both were way too hot without ventilation (over 100with the MH and lower 90's with fluorescent). I'm sure L.E.D is wayyyy cooler but like me you'll probably also run into the problem of where to vent/get new air.

Maybe you can alter your closet and cut holes, I could not...but from what I've read if you can get the climate right and have enough light for space your using you should be good...

6. Mine closet is actually two sliding doors. There is a small gap for ventilation between the two, or I can slide em open a bit :)

I appreciate the quick responses

7. are you prepared to have a stinky pot plant growing in your room though with no exhaust scrubbing? one plant can be very very smelly some arent though. what strain ya going with??

8. How you going to deal with the stink ? You need a sealed place ,with fresh air in ,hot air out
    Go on ebay and find a tent that fits in your closet , then buy a LED light ,an in line fan , a carbon filter , some duct , 2 -6 " clip on fans for inside the tent , rope hanger for the light , a Thermometer/hygrometer combo , a fan speed controller ,
    and power strip to plug everything into , extension cord from wall outlet to tent ,
    all these are cheap on ebay , I suggest a 600 watt LED
    600W LED Grow Light Lamp Full Spectrum Panel Indoor Plant Veg Flower Hydro 278W