What is life like in your state?

Discussion in 'General' started by pikkerc, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Where I come from weed is illegal, most people are white and everyone has lots of $$$. I moved out when I was 18 and now am paying for a house!! Here, cigarettes are $3.50 a pack and gas is $3.29. You can pretty easily get a 1-2 bedroom apartment for $450-$700 here.

What is life like where you are in the world? How much is your tree and how legal/illegal is it really? Would you suggest moving from a small town to where you are? And what's the rate of income necessary to live?

Tuckerjonesisreal

2. Im from NY, not the city haha. Here the tree is about 20g and 40 1/8. Im 18 I still live at home, smokes are $10 and gas is $3.70 people dont have to much money just enough to live Im currently working two jobs to try and get out of my house!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Illegal but decriminalized weed here. Hopefully we get MMJ soon. I live in a shitty neighborhood with lots of shootings and robbing. I'm going to be moving out with my gf to a better part of town after we save up some more money. Apartments around here are about the same as yours OP, $450-700 for a decent apartment. Gas is about the same too. There's all different kinds of people where I'm from. Very diversified. I get pretty awesome bud. Idk what most people pay for their weed around here. I get mine from certain marketplaces. Before that, I paid $200 a half for top quality bud.

4. #4 wtfjusthappened, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Im in oregon. Gas is around 3.20 a gallon. Cigs are between 5 and 7 bucks. And the dankest of the dankity dank is 200 an ounce. You can get allllmost the same quality for 100 and ounce.

Overall its chill as fuck. I work in a store and people offer me weed all the time. The outdoors and forrests are pretty awesome to walk around and toke in.

Hopefully it's legalized this year. All you orgonians vote yes on measure 91 lol

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Live in Oregon too, in a small hick town. Just moved from Washington. Pretty quit little town and everyone keeps to themselves. Can't find a hookup to save my life lol. Hate all the rain but love all the green forests. Camels are $4.80 a pack, gas $3.17 a gallon, house payment is $700, power is $0.16kw.

Voting on 91 for sure I want my state to be another legal one. I can't wait for everyone to have up to eight ounces of "dried" marijuana and up to four plants. Be nice to plant in the garden next year :bongin:

6. I guess it depends on where in you are in oregon lol. Once you start making friends im sure you will find a hookup.
    Just ask someone your age that looks like they might toke if they smoke bud or something. Shit I have people ask me all the time lol.
    Same here man. Wont have to worry about getting pulled over with weed, or having to get a med card just to grow a freaking plant.
    I never wanted a med card because I dont like the idea of being on a list.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yeah I'm just gonna head down to the skate park. There's got to be someone there. I don't blame you for the card. I have been thinking about getting mine just too tight $ wise to get it right now. It is dumb it's all over a plant that just grows in nature.

8. CA. Everything is expensive but income is ok. Traffic sucks depending on the hour and place.
    Luckily my work schedule has me avoid heavy traffic.
    I would suggest it here if you wanted to move away from a small town. 1 hour to Los angeles, 1 hour to big bear, 1-2 hours to most beaches, reaches San Diego in about 3 hours. Lots of good driving roads mostly canyon or mountain, Pacific Coast for cruising the shore.
    Weed is plentiful and legal as long as you're responsible with it.

9. I'm going to combo break and move this state discussion down under.

I'm from the Northern Territory, which isn't a state at all. It means people here vote, but aren't represented in government, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway, everything is expensive. Everything is expensive everywhere in Oz, but especially up here. We're uber isolated; 2000 miles to the nearest city or 1000 miles to the nearest big town, population 25,000. Rent is insane, petrol is gnarly, and it's about $45 for a case of beer.

But weed is decriminalized, 50g or 2 plants.

10. live in Virginia about 90 mins from DC... police here are pretty cool (no incidents I can recall), gas is about $2.90, cigs/wraps are super cheap (Marlboro factory in city), and tons of glass shops. we have a great glassblowing scene here for a place still fighting prohibition. 

11. #11 The Nickatina, Oct 14, 2014
    Gas just went under $3.00 in south florida!  I think cigs are around $5 a pack...  I haven't bought one since I moved here.  Bud varies on who you purchase it from.

12. I live on an island, bud is still very illegal (texas) but I can get it about 40/eighth. Smokes are $5-7, I've seen gas around here from $2.95-3.45 but it's usuaally about 3.15. The crime is what you would expect in an area so close to houston, really. Poverty, homelessness, etc especially after hurricane Ike that damaged like, 75% of the structures on the island. Prostitution, blatant drug deals on the street corner and recently there was a gang responsible for a lot of armed robberies, the oldest member was 16 I think. Cops are usually more focused on these things so you rarely get pulled over for traffic violations, leading to a lot of crazy drivers. It's kind of a free for all really.

It's not that bad though honestly. There's a definite good area of town that's more expensive, a cheaper bad area and the very expensive tourist area around the beach.

13. You need at least 500$ cash in pocket every week to live as a poor person in NJ. Gas is around 3 (can go up to 4.30 or so in the summer for regular I think) weather sucks most of the time. Hot and humid, some days are completely perfect weather wise, even better than LA was when I was there. I have a med card so idk and idc how illegal it still is, just don't get caught and don't worry. Oh yeah NYC/Philadelphia traffic everyday. Too many people here
    Can you tell I don't like living here lol

14. #14 Cereal Killer, Oct 14, 2014
    I'm from Kentucky, so the first two parts of your description apply, the third does not, hooray for being one of the poorest states in the US! Anyway, I still dig it here, and the cost of living is cheap. Gas is around $2.90 a gallon at the moment, cigs are $3-5 a pack, depending on the brand. I'm paying off a house as well, a small three bedroom with just short of three acres for under $100k. I live out in bumfuck Egypt though, it'd be hard to find a deal like that in most towns. But like I said, cost of homes/rent and cost of living overall are pretty damn cheap here.

Weed is still illegal, I hope Rand Paul will make himself useful and lobby for at least medical marijuana. The penalties have been lessened a lot though, possession of less than half a pound is basically a slap on the wrist, the police aren't even required to arrest you for it, you just get cited to go to court. Growing less than five plants is a class A misdemeanor, grow more than that and get caught, and you'll be looking at prison time.

I've lived a few other places around the US, but I ended up back in KY. It's not paradise, but I like living here :smoke: Some people are rude or rowdy, but most seem to be pretty chill and friendly. I love the mountains. Wouldn't recommend moving to my chunk of the state unless you like living out there a little ways, but I would recommend Louisville or Bowling Green as a nice city to live in. I've never lived in Lexington, but it seems pretty nice as well.

The Northern Territory isn't represented in the national government? That's weird  :confused: I didn't know that. Is it like, semi-represented under another state, or just left out completely?

Edit: As far as price of weed goes, it varies greatly with both quality and source, I've bought cheap shit for three a gram (and less in bulk), dank is usually $15-20 a gram.

15. :toke:toke: hell yeah blades that's what Iike to hear! From the sound of it, seems like most awesome place so far is Oregon! Keep it up.

Tuckerjonesisreal

16. Massachusetts here, the people are somewhat tolerante, but like everywhere there are scumbags. Gas is like 3 something and a pack of cigs is 8-10 bucks and 300 an oz of medical (I only buy ozs). People are really boring and it's just Kinda sad honestly. I need something else in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I live in michigan.  last time i filled up (a couple days ago) gas was 2.99.

it gets cold in the winter and you have to work a lot.  there's really nothing nice about being here if the sports teams aren't good.

18. It's alright if you're in one of the 5 most populated cities in my state. Other than that, it'd definitely suck. Small hick towns with nothing to do. Fortunately I'm in the third most populated and it happens to be a college town. 8ers go for 45-50, halfs 140. It's hot as fuck in the summer and pretty damn cold in the winter.
    We also have to watch out for tornadoes for 3 months out of the year. And our governor is one of the biggest morons ever, NO ONE likes her. Other than that, it's chill and the people are nice.

19. #19 AR Toasty, Oct 14, 2014
    I don't pay much mind to politics because I can't vote, so I may not be understanding the process entirely accurately, but I don't think there's anyone who can correct me here anyway.

The NT is represented locally by a "governor" appointed by the monarchy (this being a Commonwealth country, God save the Queen). This person ultimately passes or rejects all bills for the Territory. This is also true of ACT (the Aussie equivalent of Washington DC). All other states elect all their representatives.

At the federal level, the NT has 3 elected representatives in parliament, 2 of 76 in the senate and 1 of 150 in the house. We thus have representation, but hold little to no influence. The federal government also retains control of all Aboriginal lands, mines, and protected areas. Pretty much the majority of land here.

But the people seem to like it that way, or at least accommodate it, since they continuously reject statehood. :confused_2:

20. #20 Tokesmith, Oct 14, 2014
    California. Weed prices vary. Usually standard 10 a g dank. If you want better quality you gotta pay more. Weed is medicinally legal. Gas is close to $4. Almost everything is expensive here. Good beaches. Diversity. Yosemite. Good weather. It's cool.