What is holding us back?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bizzletwister10, May 13, 2009.

1. what do you think is holding humanity back from a revolution (such as a greater conscience)? what exactly needs to happen for this to occur?

2. mass consciousness overall needs to be positive.

3. alot of shit. evolution takes time. but, i am pretty sure were done for on the terms of evolution.

4. ourselves as individuals are holding ourselves back, thus, ourselves as humanity are holding ourselves back.:smoking:

5. Nothing is really holding us back, but we can blame something if you like.

I'd just say "not to deny ourselves to ourselves". :)

6. uhh look around you man the world is changing faster than ever right now. a little more than a hundred years ago we were still riding horses now we have a spaces station? wtf?

we werent able to call the rennasaince a revolution until centuries later when we realized the effects it had on humanity. i think we are living in one of the most important, dangerous times in the history of humanity.

7. Nothing. Evolution is unpredictable, with era of stasis punctuated only by genetic innovation and organismal extinctions.

This is entirely normal.

:bongin:

8. evoultionary pressures need to happen. where dumb people die and smarter people have more children.

9. better computers

10. until someone gets the balls to unknowingly dose 6 billion people with mdma i just dont see it happening...

11. i think what titoelbambino said is a good theory, it seems to be the only thing logical

12. Of course they do, but pressure do not operate with intention. You can't "apply" pressure and expect to synthesize or predict the outcomes.

Pressures are only understood as a part of geological history, not engines of evolution.

13. There's a movie called idiocracy.. basically where smart people STOP having kids and dumb people keep reproducing.. Basically evolution in reverse. Is it happening? Mebbe..

14. Idk how many of you get discover magazine but there was a recently an article in it saying this:

We are currently only 1 percent different genetically then chimpanzees

In the last 10,000 years evolution has been increasing dramatically, so much so that if we had evolved at this rate since humanities conception some hundred thousand years ago we would be over 199% different then chimpanzees

So...... we are evolving faster than ever

15. A mass realization of the truth, so that the deception of the world will be cut down, dissolving the barriers of our perceived separation and uniting us as the human race.

16. we're way too disconnected from one another.

17. It is the thought of us being held back that is holding us back.

18. i think that religion may be holding us back. staying stuck on this one idea on how everything was created and began, it doesn''t allow us any room to grow and make new ideas. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Truest statement heard all day^

20. THANk y0U!!! *tear*