What is happening to my beautiful baby?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SnowViper, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Okay heres the deal, Plant is 5 weeks old (from poking out of soil) under florescent lighting just using mg all purpose plant food 8-7-6 (well actualy started with it and went to a organic kind i thought would be better but it was 2-1-3 and just recently switched back.) and the plant just started to go crazy over past 2 days in growth (fed 2 days ago with what i think now might have been too much fertilizer (15 drops per 500ml instead of 1litre like the bottle said because im a burnout)

Anyways now the tips of the newer growth are turning yellow and some of the very new growth honestly looks like its deformed, leaf twisted and parts of other new growth look like they are missing part of them like they were lit with a lighter (kindof curled up and looks again like part of it is missing) Also another leaf lower down on plant has a tip that looks like it is rusting.

I am ordering hps light tomorrow to flower this girl, dont want her to die on me what could this be? I do not have any kind of PH meter but i will try and pick up a chemical kit tomorrow provided they are not too expensive.

I am also leaving for 3 days to go out of town what should I do tomorrow to try and prevent this from getting worse while im gone, would you flush with ph corrected water and then just give it plain water to be safe?

PLEASE HELP ME this is my first grow and dont want it to go sour.

P.S. sorry for the crappy pics they are from my phone

Attached Files:

2. This one is one i actualy meant to add lol.

Attached Files:

3. Just a thought, you dont think that a plant getting too close to 2 32watt 4 foot floros would burn it would you? it has been growing so much lately the top of the plant will touch the light occasionaly. But to me it does not seem hot enough to burn a plant

4. Maybe, maybe not. I use 4 foot 40 watt T12 bulbs and the plants have grown right into them without any harm. At the same time, I veg plants under 23 watt CFL's, and they will burn if they touch the plant.