What Is Going On With Them?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4PoCoLoKo, May 25, 2013.

1. These are my plants outside, it's been 2 weeks since I planted the seeds I germinated in papertowels. Are they showing stunted growth? They were rained on for about 30 minutes yesterday before I could pull them out. I have used 1/4th teaspoon superthrive per gallon for every watering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think this one is gonna make it... The second one had it's leaf chewed off by something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my two indoor plants, one is definitely doing better than the other...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks to me that you have watered to much the perlite looks like wet rice as its soo wet, are you letting the pots become almost bone dry before watering again? 3rd pic looks like a snail or slug has been chomping on it. Overwatering is the most common problem with new growers i did the same thing and my plants looked similar., Do your plants a favour and let the soil get bone dry before you water again, pick the pot up and test the weight is the easiest way, Cannabis plants can deal with being underwatered but are not to good at dealing with overwatering, the roots aren't getting enough oxygen.

3. Ok, but the plants are all alive and will get healthier with less water?

4. #4 Thamuz, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    They should get healthier but i only waited 3 days to find out with mine, i popped some more seeds in and they were out performing the waterlogged ones within 3 days so i just pulled them. 

5. The fellow above me is correct, this looks like overwatering (maybe a little nutrient burn, wait and see when they grow). Watering is just as important as NOT watering, think of it this way: When you have a thirsty plant the leaves will reach for the sky, when you have a over hydrated plant the leaves will drop and it will look moody because of the added weight. If you leave your plants in a pool of water you're inviting tons of bacteria and fungi into the root system. Roots require air- If you drown the roots they can't breathe. If you let the soil dry out the roots won't shrivel up and die, they'll use the water within the plant to stretch the roots further into your medium to look for more water, use this to cheat your ladies and force them to produce big fat root masses.

Good luck

6. Im going through the same thing this week....i had germinated the six in the solos in jump start pellets(ill never use again)...they as Piegras said..became moody...you can see the leaves on some are recovering from the over watering...i just transplanted them and gave them droplets of water....and as you can see are standing back up and recovering

Attached Files:

7. #7 4PoCoLoKo, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    These things were planted May 12th, you think I should germinate the more seeds if the other ones don't develop their third set of true leaves in 3 days?