Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is an oil rig?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaskKush, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Newbie question here. I've seen them before but to me they just look like a small bong. Can someone explain what they are and how they work? Thanks

2. It just means that someone has a dab setup attached to their piece. Either a titanium nail and glass dome, where you heat up the nail with a butane torch and "dab" hash oil on to it, or a skillet, where you hear up a little plate looking titanium thing and then dab oil onto that and a bell shaped end of the piece pulls the vapor in

3. It's exactly this. Its a small little piece for dabbing BHO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZAwqyukquE]slyme & black Korey Cotnam rig - YouTube[/ame]

Its small and has minimal diffusion unlike a bong because you don't want to filter out oil much. So the perc is a very simple 2-4 hole downstem like this

[​IMG]

Also you use a butane torch to get the nail hot so that you can smoke/vaporize the oil depending on how hot you get the nail.

Their is also TI swings that are made out of the same thing the nail is made out of only its a swing that you put the oil on the hot pad like this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_AArhaZfcs[/ame]

4. hmm not only BHO can be smoked via an oil rig, also Budder! BHO isn't always full melt leaving some residue on the titanium nail, whereas Budder is full melt. Budder is the cleanest, most amazing of all the creations that come from thc, being up to 99% THC (BudderKing)

5. Budder is also the most expensive.. @ 90$ per gram

6. Budder is BHO lol. Although budderkings budder is not BHO. Most budder is actually whipped BHO or BHO left in the VAC for a long period of time. In my experiance when BHO is in the VAC it turns to shatter first if left long enough it will budder up. 90% of people smoking probably can't get budderkings budder.

7. lol true. just the next step up. but i was mainly referring to budderking although i have had some delicious blueberry budder that was not budderking, but as far as i know budderking only makes 'original' flavouring, if i may call it that.

and true. sad but true. although i'd probably say 95% or more cant get budderking. so sad :'( ... for all them hahaha more for us

but really to anyone reading if you get a chance to try legit bk dont ever pass it up

8. A oil rig is a piece designed to smoke only wax or oils aka dab city

9. Domeless nail or die! DNOD

Lol nothing but domeless over heaaaaaa

10. I've just recently been able to try dabs. And I'm doing research while I save up for a rig. Is a domelesss nail easier to hit then say a noodle set up? Cause a noodle looks easy.

11. used to collect oil

12. Wrong

13. Here we go

Attached Files:

14. I've only had the opportunity to take an oil hit once, so I'm not that familiar with the whole thing. I always see pictures of rigs with oil on the inside like resin . . . do people reclaim this stuff when they clean their piece or just toss it?

15. I heard of people reclaim wax resin from thier rigs, I don't do it because it just looks nasty.