What is all this shit?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by klondikebar72, Mar 10, 2013.

1. #1 klondikebar72, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    People are going insane at a rate I have never before witnessed. On a daily basis I see people posting on facebook or talking openly about revolution. This is madness...and this is not Sparta. Our government may be dysfunctional, but the process is relatively the same. Why is there all this talk about overthrowing the government. Why are guns selling out across the United States? What is this inbred stupidity and fear that keeps inbreeding itself over and over again. Why are people damning entitlements while abusing them at the same time.

I have one word for you. Laziness People are too stupid, too lazy, and to ignorant to attempt to make the changes they deem necessary to put our country back on track. You can do far more on the inside of the political process than on the outside or through violent means. People talk about instability, economic issues, and constitutional rights being removed. What the fuck do you think revolution would solve? It would not only completely erase any rights we still have it would also create instability across the global economy.

Stupidity and laziness breed stupidity and laziness. Please point that AR-15 into your mouth and pull the trigger if you think violence is the solution to any problem.

P.S. I own a 22, a 10 gauge, and a 12 gauge shotgun. I grew up in rural Iowa, and lived on a farm for the majority of my life. I am what you would call a redneck. I just decide to use my brain when it comes to important political issues instead of ignorance, fear, and stupidity. TY for reading.

2. Wow. Way to be offensive to people with different views.

3. Revolution isn't an alternative view. It's called treason.

4. a lot of those facebook posts (and this thread for all i know)

are just people trying to incite violent talk against the government and not much more than that. Makes it easier to ID threats etc..

5. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

6. This assumes our rights come from the government. This is false. Our rights predate our government and constitution. Our rights come from our humanity.

7. they say if you try to change the infrastructure from the inside, it's you who ends up being changed.

8. so other animals have no rights? :p

9. you are following the wrong people.

all i see is more hot chicks getting undressed

10. That old COINTELPRO thread was closed, otherwise I'd bump it. :(

This reminds me of something I just saw Judge Nap talking about last night. Woodrow Wilson and his wonderful "progressive" movement would jail anyone who spoke aloud, the Declaration of Independence. Why?

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

Charged them under the Espionage Act of 1917.

Also, Sedition Act of 1918.

So this is what it felt like living in 1930's Germany?

"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

11. Winner. :hello:

12. that's a question for mother nature.

13. The US was built on treason. So it makes sense that we would be treasonous assholes :p

People who talk about these things (especially on Facebook), are rarely anything but a lot of talk. A revolution does not necessarily mean violence, but it often does. It's a complicated subject, with no clear cut answer. Our nation is currently in no shape to survive long term, our rights are being violated, we are constantly at war, and our dollar is on the path to becoming useless. And society remains distracted enough to turn a blind eye to these kinds of issues. We need a lot of changes, both at a government level and at a citizen level, and as citizens one of the things we need most is education. "The pen is mightier than the sword." Will our nation eventually sink to such a state that physical revolution is required? Perhaps, the answer will always vary from person to person, because we all have different views on what the rights and restrictions of the government should be.

We all have a different line in the sand. Some already see theirs being crossed, others aren't to that point yet. Where is yours? I'm not strapping my rifle to my back yet, but I can already see my line being crossed.

14. I think you have a point here. Revolutionary wars are going over extremely well in the Middle East and Africa. I think we should start one here as well.

On a serious note I refuse to believe our political system is beyond repair. The individual voice can be spoken with the casting of a vote. This is not Egypt. We remove our leaders by voting them out of office not by assassinating them. A generation of genocidal war is not the answer. The civil war could have been prevented had proper leadership been elected to act at the proper time. We should learn from our past, and not repeat it.

15. I don't have any points, Thomas Jefferson did.

I do not advocate for a violent revolution as the primary method of changing.

I stuck that quote in there in case you forgot why you aren't the Queen's subject, why you are able to own all those firearms that you do.

16. Shouldn't violence be used to prevent further violence?

I too think that violence should be used as a last measure, and not the first method of action. Diplomacy can get things done, but obviously this isn't the case with our government today.

17. How would we go about revolting against our government? Would not the military and police state prevent us from doing so? We would immediately be labeled as domestic terrorists and public opinion of such a movement would immediately turn sour no matter our initial intent. If such a movement were to take place and factions of the military fought against itself we would see a clusterfuck the likes of which we have before seen. Hellfire missiles coming down from the sky..bombing raids on on millions of innocent citizens.

No, I almost believe this is what some in the government want. The ability to justifiably label its citizens as terrorists and with one fell swoop completely remove our basic rights. This is what we need to prevent.

18. Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

I'll agree they've got the American People's "balls in a vice", but that does not mean we should not try to do anything.

Cause an uproar, tell everyone you know what's going on, fight the disinformation people are being fed, sign petitions, write letters to your senator and president, protest, arrange walks for your cause.

Everyone has the right to peaceful protest, even if you do not agree with their cause, and that is exactly what we can do.

Will there be a change overnight? No. But our children and their children will have been raised in a society of people who question authority and ask questions- in a society of people, rather than sheeple. It is our future we must work towards, and the start is to cry out at what you see as wrong and show the world that they have a voice and you aren't going to take it without protest.

19. Yes hurry your head in the sand.

Do you not realize we are worse off now then in the great depression.

We don't notice it because.of the wellfare state. But we are getting worse and worse.

Tue system will collapse if we don't stop it

20. That is your opinion, which very few people share.