What Is A Soul?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boats And Hoes, Mar 13, 2012.

1. #21 chronicman00, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    i dont understand your first question very well. do you mean if events in our life are then embedded in our souls? if thats the Q, yes i believe so because you would need those events to be evaluated by "god" before you get your passage to the next life. I believe morals are universal, as long as theyre based on purity.

shit i aint 100% clean and pure but i know damn well that stealing in America is stealing in Africa, and that unrighteous murder in France is unrighteous murder in China.

2. By my first question, I mean, when you get "judged" what memorizeses ur personal "good" & "bad" actions on earth, which is what is being judged, the soul or the mind?

3. id say the soul because thats where the emotion lies.

desires and actions lay in the mind.

4. Wait, so memory isn't a faculty of the mind?

5. #25 chronicman00, Mar 13, 2012
    im having a hard time fully understanding what you were asking me but now that i look it over some i got my real answer lol.

the soul knows what is good and bad, so it IS the mind being judged. thats what i meant that actions and desires lay in the mind.

your given a road for your soul to travel through, and it is up to your mind to decide which way to go when the road forks..

this is how people "sell their soul" they choose to endulge in "sin" and immoral actions. they abuse their own power and potential and exchange it for a disadvantaged next life

6. Okay, man, it's cool... I don't think were gonna understand each other. Thanks for the input, tho, bro.

7. anytime mayne i love these threads lol

8. A "soul" is pure energy, which is not created nor destroyed...meaning energy (our soul) lives on forever. That energy must be collected at one central point, hence the misconception thought of as heaven and hell, in fact an afterlife for our energy is very real...though an afterlife of eternal torment is not. Energy cannot be harmed or tortured, so how could you pain a soul? Therefore I exude to you that heaven and hell do not necessarily exist and we all eventually end up on the spiritual plane along with all other produced energy, whether it's a soul or a footstep it exists on this plane.

Although I have stated this, here is another theory on the opposite side: everything in the entire universe is in a constant state of repetition and as everything changes so does everything stay the same. So we are in a state of constant repetition, things die and are recycled...therefore it is perfectly logical to assume our soul, or energy is also recycled. To develop more on this theory, I implore you to learn of the beauty of anti-matter. Anti-matter could potentially be the center of our earth as opposed to magma. Things decompose and sink deep into the layers of the planet, so eventually they reach the center. Anti-matter can take matter and turn it into new matter; it can also produce it out of nothing. When the decomposed physical shells of things sink to this level the matter is swallowed and reproduced, hence fossil fuels, etc.

9. That's just my little 2 cents. Lol enjoy.

10. #30 Boats And Hoes, Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks 4 the input... good stuff. So, your opinion of the soul is - one that's purely the energy/life-force behind all of life... whether it's man or any sort of creature and thing? And is this energy eternal? And does this energy get "judged", after its departure from the physical shell? Last question: is this energy aware of itself, after human life?

11. Since energy is never destroyed it is completely eternal. Again these are just theories but of course well thought out and scientifically backed ones. I don't think they are judged because all energy is pure, not corrupt. Without the humanity all energy is beautiful.

12. Energy is neither created nor destroyed, so that pretty much rules out reincarnation. There are a lot more people around now than there was before. Not that I buy this nonsense about the soul being energy.

13. The soul IS energy, that much is NOT debatable. The other parts were the theory. And if you the second paragraph you will see what I said about reincarnation. Energy may not be distributed evenly, given the idea of more people on earth than centuries past. Basically what we are looking at is 1. The soul is energy, PERIOD. 2. Given this information only 1 of 2 things may occur, that energy gets recycled or it is all gathered at one point within the cosmos (the astral plane). That is without the notion of a higher power (other than the spirit of the universe), because if God really is completely above all creation he can do absolutely anything...you never know the REAL truth behind ANYTHING, or if that anything even exists. Therefore, everything is theory and facts do not exist, it is only us.

14. Not that I think I'm right, again absolutely every fact is theory. If you know what energy is though, you will see there is nothing a soul could be but that, in the world we have subconsciously concocted for ourselves that is.

15. Yeah man I know,Its hard to explain,But my message was that the way were living or "I'm" living isn't right hahaha lol yeah IKR,But I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something totally different (Something Way more awesome and Responsible) We have massive potential bro (only if I could send you my thoughts) you'd understand what I'm talking about:smoke:.

But enough of that,I honestly I think a soul is like,What makes you,you. Unique Personality,
    I feel like my soul is a 65/35 split of Positive and negative thoughts and energy.

Bro I feel Blessed and Cursed

My blessing Is that...................................Man once again I'm "high talking" to most of you guys.......
    If you felt even the slightest of what I'm trying to say,Shoot me a PM,I'm a youngster my country would try and take out if I put the things that are in my head out there (not literally) But I could take this planet somewhere. For the good and Dominant:smoke:

Label Me the GC loony:) SOUL SOL SUN

16. #36 Boats And Hoes, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    :confused:... how? If energy is neither created nor destroyed, that would actually help the case of reincarnation. The physical bodies are finite, and the "soul" behind them - is eternal... like energy. So, ur objection is invalid.

17. #37 VoRTeXaS8, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    Soul is influence. We are constantly swayed to one side or the other, but the center is the straightest of all paths. Self-deceit is our worst enemy. In m opinion, our soul can also be described as coded information, just as we use in electrical devices to transmit information.

Well, as humans what makes us different from other beings such as animals is that we have the ability to reason and interpretation because of complex language. This is in other words a coded information that has made up the tools of thought.

Purely speaking i think what we experience as thought is coded signals fired from synapse to synapse yet animals are the same way in that respect. What makes us different is the flow of his information. That way i believe is how all we are is influence. So i shall stand corrected :) .. as I'm always developing things i think about , ofcourse as we learn we either adopt something new or further develop what we have so as long as it doesn't contradict our beliefs.

18. #38 TesseLated, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    To me, it is your inner Self....that which is perfect, but always striving to become...self actualized people are close.

They ARE what they were meant to be...balanced, not extremist...no addictions...Free in every sense of the word...not lashed to organized religion ..etc

Meant to be by what? It really doesnt matter.....does it? It only matters if you think it does..:smoke:

Then you may have your own belief system to work that out.