What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dude Man, Jul 28, 2007.

1. So, I'm new to the chill out zone, and this thread was most likely made before, but I couldn't get anything in the search menu and decided to make a new one.

For all you musicians out there:

What instrument(s) do you guys play?

How long have you been playing?

What's your favorite type of music to play?

How often do you guys (like to) smoke 'n play?

I'll start off by saying I've been playing alto sax for roughly 12 years, and drums for about 4. I like playing rock drums, but I love playing jazz on my sax, and I've only gotten a chance to play baked once, but I'd love to do it again ASAP. :smoke:

2. Guitar and a little bit of keyboards

About four years

The blues, electric Chicago-style blues

I hardly ever say, "I'm gonna get stoned and play", it's more like a notion that just hits you sometimes when you're stoned. I find that getting stoned and playing a lot gets one into a bad rut of perhaps not learning new stuff as often as one should, and just playing whatever tickles your stoned fancy at the moment.

3. Guitar
    On and off for years, but i started seriously playing about a month ago.
    I want to ascend to the heights of the guitar gods :cool:

4. Depends what you consider 'instrument'.

Ima producer/DJ and i produce for now soley on software but i still have to know how to play those instruments right to make everything sound right.

If so, Then like a lil bit of everything.

5. 1. Electric, Acoustic, and Bass Guitar. Also Ukulele and Djembe. I can also fuck around on a drum set and sound okay but i wouldn't say i "play the drums."

2. Approx. 4 Years, self-taught

3. My style (on guitar, the instrument i play most) is definitely rock n' roll based, but i try to incorporate elements of all different styles and genres (metal, folk, classical, funk, Spanish music, Arabian music, etc.). I am also very passionate about jamming/improvisation.

4. I play high all the time. Also, jamming with my bassist and drummer on acid was perhaps the most fun i've ever had.

6. guitar, electric/acoustic

7 years

i started off loving to shred some rock. Most of what i know on electric is Tool, Deftones, Incubus, Chevele etc.

I play stoned and sober all the time. if im stoned and not in my car listening to music, or anywhere else for that matter, im in my room jamin out.

7. I play -Electric Guitar 5 Years
    -Acoustic " " 5 Years
    -Drums 8 Years
    -Marching Snare 4 Years
    -Slap Bass 3 Years
    -Jazz Bass 1 Year
    -Piano 6 Months

Fav Music 2 play - Funk/metal
    -Grindcore
    -Rock
    -Jazz
    -Ambient
    -Classic Rock

Smoke 'n Play - 75% of the time

8. Drums, but only for a year

Guitar, I've been playing for about 4 months or so. And I love to play 60's and 70's moosic. Also smoking and playing has little appeal to me unless its in a group.

9. clarinet
    piano/organ
    guitar [electric/accoustic]
    drums

[i find that music comes more natural to me after i smoked]

10. What instrument(s) do you guys play?
    guitar, bass, drums, piano, voice, objects, mixers, electronics.

How long have you been playing?
    10+ years.

What's your favorite type of music to play?
    psychedelic anything. noise mostly.

How often do you guys (like to) smoke 'n play?
    all the time :)

11. I've been playing guitar for about five years and I'm very serious about it. I love to play metal and instrumental acoustic music.

I fuck around with the keyboard too. Used to play alto sax but my love for that (if it ever existed) sort of died out.

I love smoking and playing! It's one of my favorite things to do. I love just letting ideas flow out of my stoned mind onto the fretboard.

12. I've been playing bass for 7 years , I use : Ampeg SVT-CL 8x10 cab , , EH Pulsar , EH Big Muff , Fender American Jazz , Digitech Whammy. I have been playing guitar for 8 years , I use : Gibson les paul standard , 65' Guild Starfire semi-hollow , Washburn acoustic . Fender twin chorus amp , EH big muff , EH pulsar , screamin' blues , Vox wah , Slides , Macbook pro sampling effects , and E-bow .

I mostly play experimental electronica and psychedelic progressive rock .

which means absolutely nothing . lol.
    I play when I smoke up my friends , I use a lot of effects and techniques to get a trippy sound . I try to practice 4 days a week for atleast 2 hours .

13. i play:

guitar
    bass
    drums
    keyboard

ive also previously played:

piano
    tuba

guitar, bass and keyboards are all i really play now, guitar and bass being the most frequent. ive been playing guitar for about 8 years now, i still own my first guitar, a squire strat, which i rewired and modified heavily to my playing style. my bass is a POS learner i got for free and when i used to play drums i played my brothers roland drum kit (electric) which is in london, england now.

14. Guitar, I've been playing for a little over 5 years now, sadly I haven't REALLY picked it up in awhile, I'm gonna reteach myself slowly...

15. I played the clarinet and the sax back in school. Haven't really played since, I still own a clarinet, just not very interested anymore. I want to get a sax and try to pick it up again though.

16. heres my guitar, notice the ibanez pickups :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I play guitar, electric and acoustic, but mostly acoustic. Ive been playin for six years now and i consider myself a pretty good player. I find it very relaxing when your high and you just chill and strum on your guitar... pure bliss....

18. Hey,

Played trombone when I was 12 in 6th grade for 5 years before I gave it up. Learned to read music. I personally didn't like the instrument. Picked up the guitar at 16 up til now (21). I learned on an acoustic, but I own an electric. Want an acoustic, BAD! My music of choice is death metal and folk tunes. Odd I suppose :). I prefer playing stoned, seems to make my fingers more loose. It's great :smoking: probably going to play here in a minute. Peace.

-Timmy
    "Making music is a virus, fortunately there is no cure."

19. guitar, bass, drums, congo, bongo, keyboard

20. Tenor Sax...'bout 40yrs off and on, now learnin' to play rythm guitar.:D:smoke:

Most all genres of music