what in the world is wrong with these girls

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jesickadrake, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ok its my first post so im gonna give you guys a brief intro. this is my very first grow. first time growing anything period. ive been coming to these forums for a good while now and reading non stop. love everything about this place but i have to say its hard for me at least to post here because pretty much every thing has been said/asked and there are just to many people that have far better advice already answering the questions. so like the rookie i am i thought i knew enough and decided to to give this grow thing a shot.
    1st the gear i have and using.
    secret jardin 120 (4'x4'x6.5')
    600watt ipower dim ballset with mh and ips 600 watt bulbs.with cooled hood
    400+ inline fan
    huge ass carbon filter (20 pounds) no name brand
    all 6" duct work
    growing in 5 gal smart pots
    medium is coco. 100% pure cana coco right out the bag.
    i have a hana ph/ec meter (140$)
    ph up and down and pretty much the complete bonicare nute line. using the pro grow and bloom nutes.
    temps and humidly are not a problem

now on to the mistakes

my first go around so yes there is mistakes and i learned so heres what i did wrong so far

seeds ended up more to the sides of pots than in middle ( long story why but they did and thats how they are growing wont happen again.

1 week ago watering i got a good 5-10% run off in the pan the plants were in. i was dumb and left the plants sit into that water. few days later they sucked it back up. i never dumped it out.

ok now to the problems

the leafs have discolor problems. till today i said no big deal but after today i decided its time to make a post and get ahold of this.

the plants are 3 caramel cream and 1 white widow. all are autos. 1 of the caramel creams must be a different pheno because its the shortest of them all but its compact. its the most narrow of the 4 but it has every node that the rest have. its also the prettyest green. besides the fact its short its the best looking by a mile. problem is the other 3 have color problems.

feeding

sprouts poped up on 1/2/13 so these are 22 days from breaking surface as of this post. they have had 5 ml pro grow and 5 ml liquid karma. well thats seedling formula from boinicare . for 1st week of veg they say 10 pro grow 10 karma and 5 ml cal/mag. well veg kinda came sonner than i thought so yesterday 1/22/13 was the first time they got 10/10/5. (grow/karma/calmag). pots weight was way less than i wanted before feed. coco was moist so it wasnt to late but it was late for me. (rookie mistake). anyways the girls needed the feeding but things seemed to have got worst. 2 plants look the same but 2 now look worst. heres the pics. its 1 cc and the ww that really show damage. its also the biggest plants that show this. the (runt) as i call it is the prettest green i ever seen but so short. now i know these babies went a good week or so with out calmag that they needed. its just weird that they got worst after the feeding. so whats going on here.

Attached Files:

2. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's not easy to get a 100% perfect grow.
    I think your problem is due to the delay in switching to the higher strength dose.
    It's a pretty green but IMO should be a darker at this stage. You're probably suffering from N, K and Mg deficiencies.
    Make sure they are on the full strength veg nutes or the same problem will likely start showing up on the healthy leaves as they begin to age.
    What's your EC? I'd be aiming for somewhere between 1.6 and 2.0 then watch closely how they react.