Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What if you were them

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bobsaget, Feb 12, 2010.

1. image this, what if you believed all that bullshit about pot like.. pot kills brain cells, makes you stupid, ect, ... and you found out your kid smokes pot. Would you cry about your kid smoking because it 'kills'? cause when my parents found out i smoked but were un informed, they were crying. They're very conservative republicans.

btw im :smoking::smoking:

2. I used to be against weed as I was growing up. I didn't have a drop of alcohol or smoke weed until I was 19. My opinions on weed slowly changed to a level where I didn't care if other people did it. Then after I started drinking I tried smoking weed for the first time when I was drunk. Been smoking ever since.

That was a little offtopic, but I assume that if I pretended that my opinions of weed never changed I would definitely be very upset if my child smoked weed.

Then again, if we are talking about being a minor....I still wouldn't want them smoking weed.

3. my moms been a conservative cali born and raised blonde for my whole life now.....
    not tryin to offend anybody but my moms a lil uneducated and fits the typical stereotype of dumblonde
    none the less
    just the other day, about 3 or 4 days ago, my mom went to bed with a bad headache, feeling sick
    i think it was because of her lingering thyroid problem which she had an operation on a few years back....got it removed anyway...
    i knew she was either gona get up early or in the middle of the night so i rigged up one of her cigs with about 2 good hits of dank near the tip, with only a little bit of tobaccy filling the tip
    well she smoked it unknowingly(and just for the background info, my mom Supposedly smoked Weed once in high school with her sister and it dried her eyes out so bad she never did it again)
    and after she got down to that little bit of buddha she gave this weird look and started coughing up a storm...i mean she quagged for a couple minutes, so bad i had to pat her on the back
    she kinda knew what was up by then, and so i told her and she just giggled really and kept saying
    "well that wasnt very nice"
    even though she had a smile on her face and couldn't hold back a laugh by the end of that statement......
    soooooooo
    need i say more?
    its been a few days and it seems like that one little hit made a world of difference to my mother who is just as brainwashed as every other conservative fuck in this world

4. this may sound crazy but i have friends who smoke week every day and believe that it kills your brain cells, makes you dumb etc... they say how they really, really need to quit weed cause there completely fucking there brains up :rolleyes:

5. They do need to quit, it's idiots like that who create an unfair "dumb stoner" stereotype.

6. Well I guess I'd be like the other half of americans, I wouldn't really know the difference just like I don't now. We're all just on opposite sides of the fence, they probably talk about us just like we do them. They are not wrong in their thinking and neither are we, we just have two different world views.

7. You don't think they're wrong in thinking weed is a "gateway drug", that it funds terrorism, that weed dealers are after the children.. cause that's the kind of shit they'll throw at you if you try to defend marijuana and its like a force field of misinformation dating back to the 1920's (in my own experience with my own parents) that's been implanted in their brains since they've been in grade school.

Even though I've been bombarded with that egg:drugs analogy and D.A.R.E. stickers, my ass STILL did it. I just think that's interesting. Why not them?

8. #8 King Willie, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    I know some people like that too,it pisses me off.

If they think bud kills braincells and other bullshit like that,then yes,they are wrong in their thinking.

9. wtf...

10. #10 fenix420, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010

That's not much of a first post.

wtf, what?

Did it blow your mind away or was it too hard for you to understand?

11. I probably wouldn't cry, but more be pissed. I'd think my son was an idiot for doing it when there's all these known facts about how weed is bad.

12. I think that people who tried it and dont like it are entitled to their own OPINION. emphasis on opinion.

however its the people that are promoting false facts. There are numerous reports and studies WORLD WIDE that have confirmed that smoking weed does not kill braincells. Its confirmed that it has more health BENEFITS than it does cause harm. Its all propoganda. Drug companies are just upset their going to lose money over it. I mean they market a drug for cancer patients that has these side effects: Temporary Euphoria, increase in hunger, drowsiness. hhmmmm sounds familiar?

The only reason my father doesnt like that i smoke is because i spend money on it. but otherwise..he doesnt oppose.

I have a NORML shirt that says "Its not a crime but its not for everyone." I think that is the most brilliant way to put it.

13. agreed. + rep!

since the basis for their getting upset is invalid, they're essentially getting upset over nothing:p
    if that makes any sense..:smoking:

14. If everyone in the world thought the same and had the same political and moral views. This would be a really boring world :eek:

Hey bring it on have a different opinion i love to argue! Just gives me and a billion others something to talk about argue about and agree upon! :D

BTW I'm a conservative republican! :smoking:

15. First i would like to say that WEED DOES NOT KILL BRAIN CELLS, also there have never been any reported deaths from marijuana use. Also there has not been any reports of lung cancer or any form of cancer strictly from marijuana use... AND Weed is NOT addictive and is not a gateway drug... <--- these are facts you can find them anywhere... watch The Union look it up, it will clear up those issues for you or your parents

If i was a parent and discoved that my child smoked pot and i was uneducated on the truth about marijuana and all the benefits it has i would be upset... but my personaily would have me do the research and find out that weed is not bad for you at all..

Also anyone who says weed is a gateway drug is wrong, weed does not cause you to want to try other drugs, it's that having to be apart of the black market to get weed is what causes people to be around hard drugs and usually try them.. also most people already know if they want to try a drug before they have done any.

Just saying the facts.

16. LSD, psylocybe shrooms, mascaline, 2cb and MDMA sound interesting, I'd like to try these at some point
    Heroin, pills, PCP, crack and meth are so harmful and destructive that I will never touch any of these
    2 months after I made these decisions, I smoked weed for the first time
    I've tried all of the psychedelics I could find, and I've turned down pills and crack, 3 years after I started smoking
    I think my personal experience disproves the "gateway" effect

17. like i said people already know what they want to do and try... that's just how it is in the drug world, i already know what stuff i would try and what i wouldnt touch, and it has nothing to do with weather or not i smoke weed.

18. Preaching to the choir, man.
    You do realize the OP doesn't believe all those things, right?

19. Dont. Troll. The City. You Ass.