What if the Mars Rover Curiosity

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by 46and2with420, Aug 6, 2012.

1. #21 HookedonPhonics, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Your foil hat is getting a bit tight. "They" (i suppose you mean the oppressive etsablishment, man) have literally nothing to gain from sending a rover to mars outside of any Scientifically-inspired discoveries. Politcally, this has already garnered a weath of (ignorant) aspersion which could have been avoided. Suprisingly, they arent actually looking for "little green men" but are in fact looking for any semblance of mirco-organisms or evidence that life could be sustatined on the planet - they are doing this to discover whether mars can be terraformed. If they come back with no notable or salient data (which they wont, as scientific endeavour rarely does) would it not only be more abashing to the government for endorsing the project?

2. Down killer :laughing:. Just my thoughts/opinion.

Quit trying to jive me, turkey

3. A thing about the idea of there being fossils (macroscopic) or even a past civilization is this: When we find old things from just thousands of years ago, they're buried because the Earth recycles itself.

Now, they say the red planet is dead geologically, but that doesn't mean that BEFORE it died, there was still time for things to get buried - even if it WERE just a few thousand years until the planet died.

Plus the fact that there are crazy dust storms and wind on Mars at all times, shit could have been eroded a long time ago, not to mention buried.

So we would need actual people to go there (archaeologists) and dig for things like that.

So Curiosity may very well find a wealth of info, but I doubt it can or will find proof of intelligent (past) life.

Perhaps it will just find (hopefully live) bacteria or something even better.

Plus we need to get to the bottom of that huge fucking methane release that happens there. Imagine if all life migrated underground to caves and shit?

Just speculating on that one...

4. Now this is just ridiculous: As for the top picture, there is no way a chimp even COULD survive for 7 months to get to mars constrained like that! That's utter rubbish! Maybe that chimp went into near Earth orbit or something, if it's even real.

Now the second picture has always intrigued me. I had that image on my computer somewhere. That does look like something, I must say...

But if it were a statue, wouldn't it have been eroded a long time ago?

I doubt it's a breathing organism.

And you said they sent monkeys to Mars. It was sounding interesting until you said that they got super smart? Where did you hear or read this?????

I wouldn't doubt some agency would have tried that, but come on, haha. That first image is hysterical - in the context that a monkey survived like that for the seven month ride. It must has smelled like piss and shit by the time it died after a month or so!

5. What if we find humans on mars and they have always been trying to reach earth

I'd be like wut

6. This was the head guy at Nasa no one wants you to know about, he had a lot of power and could easily persuade people in the organization. He was authorized by the president at the time to do these heinous experiments.

[​IMG]
    ^ him

I MADE THIS REPLICA OF THEIR ORIGINAL SHIP THE MONKEY SHOWN THERE IS IN A SUB POD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LOOK ATTHIS SMART DOG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

7. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']A thing about the idea of there being fossils (macroscopic) or even a past civilization is this: When we find old things from just thousands of years ago, they're buried because the Earth recycles itself.

Now, they say the red planet is dead geologically, but that doesn't mean that BEFORE it died, there was still time for things to get buried - even if it WERE just a few thousand years until the planet died.

Plus the fact that there are crazy dust storms and wind on Mars at all times, shit could have been eroded a long time ago, not to mention buried.

So we would need actual people to go there (archaeologists) and dig for things like that.

So Curiosity may very well find a wealth of info, but I doubt it can or will find proof of intelligent (past) life.

Perhaps it will just find (hopefully live) bacteria or something even better.

Plus we need to get to the bottom of that huge fucking methane release that happens there. Imagine if all life migrated underground to caves and shit?

Just speculating on that one...[/quote]

Assumming Mars had geologic activity similar to earth's a civilization would have to have been gone for hundreds of thousands of years before the planet died for geologic activity to wipe it out. But dust storms would have destroyed them long ago.

Just some more thoughts

8. AHAH! Dude, that post belongs in "You laugh, you lose"!

I'm fucking crying that's how hard I am laughing... Especially the picture of the Scientist? Ahahahhaha.

Bravo. Well played sir. I'm still crying laughing. That guy ahahaahhaha!

9. This thread deserves a bump on account of my last post!

10. man i fell asleep so i missed the rover landing but i assume from this thread it was succesful

11. Who is that fellow?

12. It was.

13. We can't even get shit together on earth, why are we exploring Mars again.

14. So that we CAN get our shit together on Earth. Don't you get it?

15. Seriously, who is that guy in your avatar? Lol

16. I can't fucking remember who he is :[.

17. I know, right? That dude is... Well, I'm not an asshole...

HE LOOKS GOOFY AS FUCK! There! I said it! :hello:

And how he was implicated in that awesomely true story about the monkeys going to Mars...

If you want to know who the man in my avatar is, Miyagi knows even though he says he doesn't. He slipped that story before.

The man in my avatar is the man who set up those heinous experiments...

18. You know what, Miyagi? You've inspired me to do something.

I'm going to go to Google Images and find about 5 random-ass pictures (hopefully funny ones) and just make the craziest story linking those 5 pictures into one story. Should start a thread on it....

19. Please link me to that thread... I look forward to it... And finding out that fellows name