What ideas do you hold closest?

Discussion in 'General' started by BluDreams, Sep 7, 2012.

1. How I mean is, what ideas or philosophies do you believe you try and hold strongest in your everyday conscience. Personally I would probably say knowledge is power. An unbiased view usually gives the most accurate picture and, perhaps live in the present by letting the past be past and future to be seen. Just a though...

2. Don't let yourself be stressed. Shit's just shit, that's all it is.
    You could say I am a dark person because I think about everything in the sense that we are just breathing entities that have the luck of having consciousness and what happens to us won't matter in the future anyway, so why let it bother you.

3. Mind over matter.

4. “There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.”

5. these might not be what youre lookin for but these are some things i try to tell myself.. or some phrases i try an live by..

live and let live

it is what it is

everything gets better in time

my son is my life.. everything i do i do for him

my past has made me who i am.. so even though it has been rough, i will never regret any of it

Respect Respect Respect

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of conflict and controversy" MLK

“In three words I can sum up what I’ve learned about life: It goes on” Robert Frost

“I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
    Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
    So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.” Tupac

6. Honestly it is a quote by Jimi Hendrix that I love so much..

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

It has so much power that you cant even disagree with it but sadly we all know that to achieve such a thing.. Too much would have to be sacrificed.. Too many fat and sweaty corrupt politics would have to be thrown out of power.. Too much would have to change before good overcomes evil in this world..

7. smoke weed everyday.

8. Fuck it, shit happens.

9. Bring it on life, bring it the fuck on! :smoke:

10. History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside.
    J.F.K
    And It is true, and something I am trying to learn, and learn well.

11. Life goes on.
    Its always darkest before dawn.
    You may think your a bad motherfucker who could whip anyones ass but when theres a gun in your face that dont mean much.(not promoting violence just watch who you fuck with even if they are scrony and weak there weapon aint)
    Treat others how you want to be treated.
    Shit Happens!
    Dont hurt innocent people espically not women and children.

12. When there is no clear solution, do nothing

13. A lot of good philosophy in the house

14. Love thy enemy like you would thyself.
    I'd say I make a good effort. I'm very non-confrontational and good at being passive towards potential shit heads.