What I have done.

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by FuriousSurvivor, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Since I left the east coast and have come home, I have been a very busy person. But in my spare time, I have been working at my dream. Being as i seem to have more and more free time these days, my dream has become my hobby and passion.

I won't bore you with silly details, here is what i have made for my first grow.
    It's a combo drip/aero ponbox that I pieced together out of an old aquarium, some PvC and other bits and bobs laying around the house.

The goal is to recreate a 7.5 week AF Lowryder grow that I observed on youtube. If i am successful, I'll probably clone the design of my box (even thought it's huge, clunky and inefficient, I like it. ) out six or seven more times and get to work producing medicine.

-Glopanel45's LED lighting.
    -Rio+ 1100 Aquapump
    -Soul Synthetics Hydroponic Grow Solution
    -Soul Synthetics Infinity Catalyst Product
    -Clay Pellets
    -Femenized Autoflowing Lowryder Seedsx4

Attached Files:

2. Had a bit of a scare in the middle of the night where I checked the PH of my solution to be 4.6. After I checked again I started to sweat... how much PH- is too much? Mixing up another couple mils of nutes, I guestimated how much based on how many gallons I had, how much the PH raised when I nuted it up while priming etc etc etc.
    Anyways, PH is back up to 5.5...

Other changes: Noticed the drip line was occasionally wetting my seedlings. Frowning, I lowered drip-line to basically touching the rock-wool. Baby girls are looking less wet and more happy since.

3. Ugh. After a couple days of fiddling with my dripline, i have battered my poor seedlings into submission. One strange thriver was transplanted to an earthen pot to finish out it's life in the dirt science room while i reset and reorganize for another attempt at aero. Obviously, I must overengineer a perfect dripline. . . . ¬_¬

4. Furiousurvivor: unless you're foliar feeding clones you might want to remember what our Ag. teacher told us, "Water the soil not the plant."

It looks like you have a pretty good size reservoir, but you might want to get in the habit of checking your pH daily, especially when growing in artificial aggraget. I have the same problem in my Aerogarden, but I only have 112 ounces of nutes and I can get some pretty will pH swings when my ladies are feeding.