What Hydro setup for my room? Explained.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Walliby, Mar 3, 2012.

1. hey guys, i have a room i am going to be doing a grow in and i was going dirt because i don't have room for a res, etc. but i figured out i could put my plants on a small table and put a 9inch 10g res under each light. so for my question

i have 6.5ft of hight to work with which = 78 inches.

Take away 8 for the light = 70 inches.

Take away 10-12 for the res/plant stand = 60-58

keep in mind that the plants need to be 10" or farther from the light = 50-48 inches

Now heres where the kicker is, i have 4ft of growing space.

So, my question is what is my best option for hydro? i would like to grow bigger plants if possible because the law is harsher on more plants than less and i am near the one bigger bracket as far as my plans go.

Any help would be appreciated

2. I'd do a recirculating SWC/NFT, because ebb and flow would need need to account for a res and flood table/container so gravity is able to drain.

One of the rubbermaid containers is 10.7" tall and is a 12 gal, you could get two of those and would be good enough for 2-3 large plants each.

If you went with a SWC, I'd probably add a waterfall as it's a good way to reach max DO. If you have a good air pump, the splashing bubbles will literally soak the bottom of your net pots even with the water level several inches below the bottom of the cups. So you wouldn't need to use a manifold for your pump to use dripper lines during the first stages of veg.

3. I'd go with a SCROG grow for that space! It would be perfect. If you don't already have a system look into the General Hydroponics WaterFarm, about 12" tall but it's a full hydro system. Good Luck!