What have i done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hairytoe, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hi all
    here are some pics of my super silver haze. My problem is i dont know how long my plant needs to finnish. It should be on its 10th of 11 weeks but because my timer went haywire and turned the light on 24hours a day for about 4 days and in doing so knocked it back to veg. that all happened about a month ago.
    I started giving it some ripen last week to get it to finnish soon but it doesnt look like its anyway near finnising. thc looks realy low on it and the buds look really light. there is also alot of new shoots on it from going back into veg and i was wondering should i just chop them all off at this stage or will that result in too much stress?
    pls guys i spent alot of time and money on this plant and would love to get the best yeild i can at this stage. my plan is to keep with the ripen for the next week then flush for two weeks. Do you think that would be enough or should i leave it longer? or do you think i should do somthing else? any help would be great. TY

Attached Files:

2. Looks like most of your pistils are still white,not mature yet. Check the trichomes, the best and only sure way to tell. By the pics, I'd say you have at LEAST three weeks.

3. sounds bad i wanna see how this plays out, any signs of hermie or just switched back into veg? looks like you had some fat buds there man, hope it all works out

4. I would let that one for for at least a few more weeks like the other guy said... It would definatly be better for u and the plant

5. hahaha I'm fascinated by this

6. Dont go choppin anyhting off lol and did the whole bud foxtail? cos thats what it looks like to me, if you see no signs of hermie id say slap that bitch with some more flowering time like these cats recomended, try and tighten those back up.. maybe youve unlocked some secret to fatter buds!:eek:

7. that plant looks crazy :smoke:

8. It looks like it went back into veg or some kind of stress.

9. Lol it flowered, vegged and now its flowering again. Taking the stress pretty well.. :smoke:

10. hi guys
    ty for all the feedback. im going to keep it in flower for some more weeks like you all said and hope the buds get better. Its turning into a bit of a frankenstein tbh but i will keep at it and if anyone is intrested to how she will turn out ill post some pics here each week till harvest. Btw should i put it back on its normal feed or keep it on the ripen? TY

11. 1 week later and shes looking alot better. I flushed it with 135 liters of water at a ph of 5.5 and im not sure but I think its about two weeks away from harvest. Trichomes are still clear and cloudy with very little amber ones. Can anyone tell me if two weeks looks about right or am i way ahead of myself and should i feed it more ripen or just water now that i flushed it. its my first grow and and not sure how long it should take for the pistils to turn dark. Any help would be great. ty

Attached Files:

• 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      672.7 KB
      Views:
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      347.5 KB
      Views:
    • 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      661.1 KB
      Views:
  12. that thing looks wild, interested to see how it turns out for ya

13. I know its crazy looking. it got way too big for my tent and i had to tie it down but now its at a stage where i need to tie it up. :)

14. some strains tend to like a little S&M :D

15. I'll be watching to see how this plays out!

16. and there was me thinking i was raising a lady.

17. [quote name='"hairytoe"']1 week later and shes looking alot better. I flushed it with 135 liters of water at a ph of 5.5 and im not sure but I think its about two weeks away from harvest. Trichomes are still clear and cloudy with very little amber ones. Can anyone tell me if two weeks looks about right or am i way ahead of myself and should i feed it more ripen or just water now that i flushed it. its my first grow and and not sure how long it should take for the pistils to turn dark. Any help would be great. ty[/quote]

How long has it been in flower? It looks really stressed. Pistols should start turning brown around in-between week 6 to 8. Depending on how long it's been in flower u might have to start all back over with a easier strain to grow. I can't really see it getting any better

18. Its been in flower about 11 weeks but because the problem i had with the lights it set it back some time.Im just unsure how much. I have some lsd im going to plant next that i hope are going to be alot more manageable. i know i made alot of mistakes on this one but its been alot of fun and you have to admit it looks crazy. If i get an ounce of half decent smoke off it ill be happy.

19. [quote name='"hairytoe"']Its been in flower about 11 weeks but because the problem i had with the lights it set it back some time.Im just unsure how much. I have some lsd im going to plant next that i hope are going to be alot more manageable. i know i made alot of mistakes on this one but its been alot of fun and you have to admit it looks crazy. If i get an ounce of half decent smoke off it ill be happy.[/quote]

Ya I have grown many failed indoor crops to. Growing weed is trail and error. U learn as u go. One of the main things is picking the right strains. I like to grow indica. Because it's usually more compact and harder to fuck up. I have had a higher success rate with it.

20. #20 colafarmer, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    A ph of 5.5 would work for coco coir but, for soil you want a ph not less than 6.4 and preferably 6.5-6.8. Reason is phosphorus get locked out in soil at ph 5.5 and below and upsets the flowering.

I've always heard that it takes between 21-30 days for a plant to fully convert to veg, but they sure look like their re vegging.
    Also heard some growers reveg on purpose so the flowers start stacking and they certainly look like their doing that...

I wouldn't whack em, because looks like your going to have a huge crop, just go by the trics.

What I would do is check the ph and adjust, use a fert with high phosphorus and very low to none nitrogen. Definately not hurting for nitrogen and if the leaves yellow and die that's ok and normal because we dont' smoke those leaves...

When you think your ready to harvest turn the lights of for at least 24 hours and the plant will start creating more resin, the pistals will start retracting back into the calyx and your pot will have a better odor and taste.

Awesome plant bud....just get em off the nitrogen, more phosphorus and adjust your ph and in 2-3 weeks they will be touching the floor from the heavy cola's. I might suggest 10/14 on the light cycle and will help finish a little faster...;)

Hope I made your day...:smoke: and looking forward to see the harvest pic's