What has your parents relationship taught you?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by jellefish, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Be open and honest all the time and look for someone who is going to even out your flaws not someone who has the same flaws as you.

2. If you have children together and things go south, dont try to make it work for the kids sake. It only ends up fucking them up in the long run and ruining any sense of trust for their future relationships

3. Never argue over money and that when I get married, I don't want to get divorced because I want to be with my fiance long enough to go through and handle marital problems before I am tied to his life. 

4. Never settle for less.

5. #85 KINGCVZVNOUV, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    mom : dont do unmentionables
    dad: dont sell it.

6. they taught me how to be the opposite of them and raise my son in a stable environment

7. #87 Stride420, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Sounds the same as mine

8. Never hit each other. And make sure to take care of your kid better because no kid should have to go through abuse.

9. That shit is very difficult.

10. #90 Old School Smoker, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    My parents were never married so it kinda sent a fucked up message to me about relationships.

A good reply to this would be "you bastard" lol

11. I'd say the biggest lesson is, don't try to make a marriage work on nothing but physical attraction. Sounds like common sense but this is basically exactly what my parents did. I look at photos of my folks from 30 years ago and they are both very good looking people.

In contrast however, they have more or less nothing in common when it comes to hobbies, interests, even political affiliation.

Essentially, they taught me the difference between love and lust.

12. Never get married 😌✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. That my marriage will eventually fail..

14. That when I get married I'm going to run shit. & watch movies on the couch with my spouse and eat ice cream all weekend. Then back to our routine work schedule on Monday.

15. Parents are divorced and dad was a cross dresser...taught me how fucked up people are

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

16. My mother is very overweight and doesn't try to actually lose any pounds, but my dad is too Catholic to leave her, or something...

So, I learned to not let religion get in the way of me leaving a woman who turns fat for life!

17. tough love or no love...Love is pain

18. What did I learn from my parents.........how you shouldnt raise kids or how to put your kids last.

Im thankful really cos it made me the good dad I am today.

19. Don't have three kids with someone without being married. Don't cheat at work. Don't knock up said person you're cheating with.

And to never talk shit about your kid's other parent in front of them.

20. #100 MochaBearBlazed, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    have kids before you get to age where death is a serious concern. my dad was 72 when he died. i was 8 

EDIT: did any of us have both parents at home their whole childhood and enjoy every minute of it? damn this is a depressing ass thread. im starting to think a weird home life may lead to cannabis use  :confused_2: