What Happens When We Die?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by alorathexplora, Nov 24, 2016.

1. I'm not religious and don't believe in souls. Our brains are who we are, our consciousness, our personalities, our memories. And the brain dies along with the body, sometimes even before.

2. That raises the question, what is meant by 14b years?

A year is the relationship between the Earth and Sun, which hasnt been around that long, in addition we know time does not flow equally everywhere, i.e. time is malleable.

There is a difference between astronomical time and atomic time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #24 Wisdom Tooth, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    oops

4. Dunno bout the rest of yous but ima burn in hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My belief is that once you die, you meet Saint Peter at heavens gates. Weather God lets you in or not is basically up to you...

" Most people leave this earth wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem " - Ronald Reagan

Psalms 25;4 show me your ways o'Lord teach me your paths "

6. What happens when you die? Depends, if a bear eats you in the wilds of Alaska, you'll become little piles of poop dotting the northern tundra landscape.

7. Much like the old family guy joke where Peter's father in law and Dr Hartman meet and have a conversation about how their voices sound alike and how it seems kind of lazy leading to a subtle but profound comment, "There are bound to only be so many voices in the universe" or something to that effect. There's only a certain number of ways that life can develop, so statistically the probability of your neural connections existing in the same pattern, in the same form, in the same situation, resulting in your being the same person at a different time is far more likely statistically than this being the one and only life. While it may not be another stage and it may not be "you" as one would perceive themselves now, your life would more likely repeat than not.

At least that's my belief. Living life on repeat without any kind of awareness or frame of references for an impending or prior repeat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have a pretty good idea of what will happen when I die and it's not pretty if I die the way I'm expecting to. As to what happens to me after my death, I'm expecting nothing but the end of consciousness forever.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Exactly! Only thing that makes sense to me.

Check out my first grow!
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423474/

10. Literal:
    "We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
    This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
    On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
    Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear."

Meaning:
    "The hands of fate play our game
    We the players are given a name
    Some are tame, others gain fame
    Yet in the end, we’re all the same."

-- Omar Khayyam

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. This is just one of a ton of videos pertaining to the topic... Swedenborg was an 18th century scientist philosopher who became aware of spirits. This is not traditional Bible study stuff. lol He said there are 3 levels of hell and 3 levels of heaven and we basically choose which level to hang in after a period of review... Hell is a choice as well as Heaven and there are varying degrees of each... Same for here now in the physical bodies... not much different..

12. "All Religions are Right in the wrong way".. hehe Marvelous, but Man! Born again and again...This is taking too long to be able to escape this egg/Mother Earth /School for God..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. You wake up from the dream :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. when you die your intellect ceases to exist and your breath goes back to god who gave it to you..intellect+breath=your soul

• Like Like x 2
  15. Honesty there is no way to prove what happens, even those who believe that death is final and the lights go out. There may be an afterlife and maybe there is not one, WHO THE HELL KNOWS?! Let people believe whatever they want and do not belittle them for it and do not try and change them either, that goes for all sides of the issue. Lets just live in peace and try to leave the world an even better place for the next group of humans after us.

16. With my luck, a quarter will get stuck

• Like Like x 1
  17. In the end noone can ever really give a good answer, only way is personal experience of supernatural phenomena. I know a girl who's seen ghosts all her life, not a schizo or anything completely sane person who's had more than on instance of independent verification of her claim.

Fact is we'll never know the full truth till its too late.

18. #39 Dr_Sativa, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    The soul sleeps for many hundreds of years after death, before being reincarnated. The consciousness levels of living things evolve first as minerals, then plants, then animals then people, then God, and reincarnations occur in that order several thousand cycles until the soul is eventually reunited with it's creator.

The vedics understood this but Christianity doesn't tell people this, because people needed to be told the only had one life to inspire them to do good in it, the knowledge of multiple lifetimes not being enough to inspire man to stay on the right path. But when you think about it, it doesn't make sense the Universe gives you only one chance at life - only one chance to do the right thing? I don't think so.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I felt that way when I was dropping acid in the late 60's.

• Like Like x 1