What happens if the dollar falls?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DaDankSkunk, Apr 27, 2011.

1. The fall of the dollar.

The fall of the dollar.

The fall of the dollar.

What will it lead to?

If the dollar falls....
    it could be madness.

The ENTIRE WORLD will be affected by this.

What happened in Wisconsin is what a miniature version of the fall of the dollar would be.

Now I can understand perhaps why they're building so many FEMA camps and it could be the reason they have so many Government Trains filled with Shackles in every state in the US.

If the dollar falls, Americans will go mad.

If Americans go mad, martial law could start.

If martial law is in place, the constitution is meaningless.

If the constitution becomes meaningless, what is America?

Welcome the beginnings of a new time. Bad or good, its an unforeseeable future. Good luck.

2. Way to hang in there and not freak out.

Americans are just being knocked down a few notches. We'll have to start sharing things with the rest of the world.

3. Haven't you heard, the Constitution is already meaningless?

4. Buy gold n silver.

5. If the dollar falls exports will increase for america because they are now cheaper, but imports will become more expensive.

6. People may actually have to start talking to their neighbors again! :eek:

Re-localization is going to be inevitable.. that's why I keep saying that community is going to be key in the upcoming years. Food production will have to be on a smaller, local scale, as well as energy production.

If your mentality is "every man for himself" then I can see why the coming years are terrifying to you. However, if people can re-learn how to cooperate with their local communities/neighbors, the coming years could be a renaissance of sorts.. with people helping each other, while becoming more acquainted with the earth and their natural surroundings.:)

7. What if my neighbors are douchebags?

8. Smoke 'em out.

9. Take their land!

10. #11 rex8000, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    If the economy fails we will not return to the gold standard.

Just another worthless commodity we've given value to...

The price of such commodity may rise, and you might get some value out of it, but this isn't the secret winning formula to riding out this economy. Especially because everyone and their mothers are doing it.

The government's reduction of deficit (albeit slow), and intrinsic stake in other countries (and vice versa) will not let the dollar just fail. They have as much stake in it as us.

11. lol.What you are talking about are containers to transport vehicles across the rail system. They have been in use forever. Those shackles you are talking about are actually restraints so the cars don't shift inside the rail-car.

FEMA camps? We could speculate on this. But I'd like to see enough FEMA camps to hold the population of the US.

Fall of the dollar? Won't happen, at least not at the scale you are talking about. The global economy is something that is delicate and resilient at the same time. Fluxuations happen second by second because of minute details, but the fall of one of the most important currencies in the world is hard to imagine. China holds a majority of our credit. If our economy falls, so does theirs, and the domino effect continues across the globe. The global economy falling and having civil unrest across the globe? I think the governments of the world are too afraid and selfish of what that would bring.

12. One nice trick about gold though, if the dollar dies, you take said gold to ANY other country, and its still worth what its worth in THEIR currency hahaha, the dollar will be worth pennies, but gold is fucking gold.

My only question, if the dollar falls, who the fuck pays the army to aid in the take down of the ENTIRE population of the US, some other country? Why? Why not just offer us all a home if we fuck our own government in the ass.... Shit, I'd move to the lamest of lame places if i was promised a spot, over being imprisoned in a FEMA camp.....

13. #15 DaDankSkunk, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Thanks for the assurance, however, it looks like the government has slowly been getting more and more control over its citizens, which is not how the constitution was designed. If you ask me, the Federal Reserve is a bullshit plan to get the rich richer and the poor poorer and puts HUGE amounts of money and power in the hands of few. I'm wary of this situation that we've been cornered to and I feel as if it's only a matter of time before things get worse. You see, its the fact that we're already in the corner that scares me. It's the fact that if martial law is ever in place, I might have to fear those who are supposed to protect.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Edit: Regarding the FEMA camps, its alleged that there could be over 600. Some are called Residential Facilities and have double fences with barbed wire turn inward. They have playgrounds inside too. The fuck? I think Jesse Ventura did a very informative documentary. It's an interesting watch.

14. Even though the idea of a national bank scares many people, what is the alternative? I believe there are something like 5 nations left in the world that DO NOT have a national bank. The idea behind a national bank is to have security in the economy.

You know how the FDIC insures your bank account? They are a government run agency that uses the FULL FAITH AND CREDIT of the United States, and by association, the federal reserve, to make sure your money isn't lost if a private bank fails.

In Thomas Jefferson's life, the idea of a private or government run bank might have seemed like an illogical idea when you take into consideration the new form of government and limited economy he and other founding fathers were trying to establish. But in the world we live in today, a global economy would be far, far different, and in my opinion worse, if it were not for national banks.

15. I don't know man, I don't know too much about Banks and the Federal Reserve, but from the sources I've read, more seem to be negative than positive. I do recall watching an explanation on the Federal Reserve and the Banks however. They mentioned that banks earn money by giving out loans. The reason because the money that is put into banks is passed directly back out to those who need loans by putting interest. It goes on to say that when banks run out of money, they are loaned money from the Federal Reserve which then has the Mint print money that doesn't actually exist. Now my next question, who controls the Federal Reserve and mint?

16. Most loans dont even end up being owned by the bank that gives them... there are organizations that buy and sell loans, its all sorts of fucking confusing when a bank has leverage on you

17. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that all the developed countries suffered during the Great Depression and are now about to collapse? That could be a sign that maybe centralized banking is a horrible idea.

Beans, bullets, and bullion!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8gJSMoOJc]YouTube - The Day the Dollar Died[/ame]

18. Ancient civilizations had national banks. However they didn't die because of economic reasons. Most ancient civilizations died off because of war, imperialism, or other man made or natural reasons.

National banks are not the reason the great depression or the current recession happened.

The stock market, which is controlled by mainly private interests, was manipulated to the point that currency had lost it's value. When stocks fell, so did the value of currency. You could also point to the fact that banks were not insured by the federal bank. People lost all of their money when banks failed. The banks that didn't fail stopped giving out loans. If the federal reserve actually backed the institutions people banked at, the "Great Depression" might not have been so great.

The recession we are in now was caused by a combination of the burst of the housing bubble, the burst of the web bubble, national debt, personal debt, and other circumstances. Some of it could be caused by the federal reserve, but look at the effects of the great depression and compare it to the recession of our time. The fact that there is a system in place to make people reassured that their money is still going to be 'there' when times get tough basically insures that people are still going to have money, are still going to buy things, and are still going to take out loans that they can repay. If no insurance was provided by a federal system, another great depression could have happened. It was only because a federal system was in place, that the recession only lasted a few years and we are not starting to crawl out of it.