What happens if males are not destroyed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 102273, Jul 21, 2008.

1. If you keep males with females what exactly will happen? (Like to the females)

and can I use the seeds I get out of my bud I smoke to grow some weed? I want to try it.

I picked us half an oz of some decent bud (by far not the best) and it had about 13 seeds in the whole half so I was wondering if I could use these seeds to start me some of what I know is decent weed? I was going to start then growing in an egg carton until they sprout then transplant them into bigger pots and then into the ground.

Thanks for the advice and keep on tokin

2. If you keep males with females, nature will take its course, and your buds will be full of seeds.

If you just want SOME seeds for next year, keep one male, keep him small by keeping him in a small pot. Keep him well away from the girls. When the ladies are well into flowering, put a plastic bag round the guy, give it a good shake. Put the bag around one branch of one lady, shake again, secure it in place with a rubber band, leave for a week or so. At harvest that branch will have a hundred seeds or more.

No reason why you can´t grow from bagseed, lots of threads already on how to begin - search them.

3. if you don't destroy the males they'll pollinate the females and then you'll have seeds in your buds.
    Some people say it lowers the potency of the females and other people say it doesn't affect it.

Either way you get seeds in your buds which is annoying

4. Again I gotta go with catharis on this one, the guy knows what he is talking about. I would say though, keep that male a really good distance away from those fems. As far as the plastic bag covered in pollen and then tied around a female branch, sounds good. That is a wild way to get some good genetics for the next year and also have plenty of the good stuff for yourself to enjoy. (That's why we do this , right guys?)

5. dude just grow sensimillian. rip the males and next year, find someone who smokes alot and ask them to toss you a few seeds from their bag. its better than having a lower potency. the potency is lowered b/c the female will stop producing THC in the flower buds and start producing seeds once it is fertilized by the male pollen. im tellin you it would not be worth trying to save a bunch of seeds if your growing from bagseed. if you have really expensive seeds and wanted to save some for future years, thats a different story. but i wouldnt keep the male around if i were you.