what happens after amber.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by H.Aunt, May 5, 2007.

1. quick question, please respond only if you know, no part time guess mongerers please.

What happenss after the trichs turn amber, and how long can a plant be left before cultivation when trichs have turned ?

Another quickie, ,,does moon and starlight affect the growing on a dark cycle.?
    If so why has nobody made a moonlighter for dark cycle, a moon phase light ?
    The moon gives of quite a bright light , would it not be considered a light leak if growing outdoors ?
    and if so why are small light leaks indoors considered bad ?

Many thanks.

2. you need to take what people say on here and experiment for yourself..people on here tend to be like "this is the ways its done, no it will not work any other way" know what im saying?..one knowlegable person says something and then 30 other people pass it on when they dont really know what there talking about...all i know is that moonlight is obviously all good...my buddy has a plant in his closet and he just shuts the doors and i know for a fact that he has light leeks and his plants are turning out all good(no hermies)...i might not of really answered your question but just try to keep out the leeks if not just hope for the best :)

3. Well when all the trichs are amber, you're going to get a heavy-duty couchlock high. After that, THC degradation begins, and the weed starts to lose it's potency. As for moonlight... the plants sortof adapt to it. It's still REALLY dark outside, and the moonlight is only a fraction of the brightness of the sun, so they won't be effected. And a "light leak" is when it's totally pitch black, then light is let in suddenly ;). The moon is always there, so they'll get used to it.

4. after amber its pretty much over-ripe. starts to aquire things that will make you sick. gross couchlock headache high

5. many thanks,,
    time to chop n hang then :)

6. y arent there any pics of ur grow!!! take some pics!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna see what ur choppin!!!!

7. Ok was my first proper go at things and i messed up many times.
    Ive over fed, under fed, lazied on the ph, scimped on a fan so not much air circulation.
    Ive probably got light leaks, and i suffocated it by putting an air purifier turned on max in with it(ozone generater thing) and i had light bleach when it was young.
    It went into a bubbler as a 3 prong cutting with hardly any roots under a 125 cfl 6400k 6 weeks or so( i havent timed anything so its guess work).
    Later changed after 2 days darkness to 12/12 (with timer) 125 cfl 2700k and a couple of smaller cfls added at end (too late tbh). Using Canna veg and did not have the flores until way to late, so used Advancenutrients bud enhancer to try and give it something at least.
    Gonna flush for 3-4 days tomorow morning and see what gives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know all the above is why the buds arent too impressive, but they are sickley sweet and extremely sticky, totaly covered in crystals and i think itl be a nice smoke when all said and done :) so im happy.

8. so what lights are you using currently?

9. Just one Envirolite 125w cfl 2700k from 12/12. Then 2x 125w 2700k plus 1 20w 2500k for 1 week up to today.

As i said i got it all wrong, not enough of this, too much of that but i intend to get some sensible buds next time, and i aint too displeased with the result so far.

Ive got 3 cuttings ready in a week or so, they have rooted and im just waiting for them to get a bit more rooty then they are going in and that one pictured is chopped.

Got all my nutes now,Canna flora and vega plus some AN Overdrive.
    Got a truncheon, ph down, ph test, 2x 125w 6400k cfl plus 1 85w 6400k cfl, 2x 125w 2700k and 4 20w 2500k.
    Microscope arrived today(all trichs amber or milky on plant pictured) , got x2 large 2 way pumps, airstones and one 40ltr bucket.