Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What happened to me???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sweetdee23, Apr 21, 2018.

1. I tried an edible last night. I don't usually smoke weed very much but a friend gave us cookies. About half an hour after I ate it, I started to feel paranoid. Really paranoid. Then my heart started racing, chest hurt. Eventually I was pretty incoherent and my husband called 911. I was repeating myself over and over in the ambulence. They gave me stuff to flush out anything in my.blood stream which helped bring me out of it. I was terrified. I take medication for OCD and sleeping. But those two meds had been taken 24 hours prior to me eating the cookie. Hospital let me come.home. I'm still sort of confused. Nothing seems familiar. My heart is still racing. I have 2 questions, 1. When will this stop? 2. Will the cops show up to our house? This happened yesterday at around 6pm. They weren't there at the hospital. The nurses said they don't report this kind of thing. I'm just being super paranoid. I want this to go away!

Yes I'm aware I was a complete moron. Trust me I've learned my lesson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. No the cops won turn up you went to the hospital and that's it.

I've never been to the hospital over weed.

I think it was probably a bit over the top for your husband to do that but he is looking out for you.

And I am glad you are feeling OK. Next time half a quarter cookie and do not eat edibles all in one go if you are new.

Hope that helps look after ya self

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thank you! I feel a little weird still. Hearts still beating fast on and off. Will this feeling go away eventually? I'm thinking it just isn't for me. My husband loves it so good for him but that seriously scares me.

4. With the potent shit floating around now it's super easy to get way too high your first time. And weed just isn't for some people. My wife has never smoked and has no interest in smoking and in that case I'd never talk her into it or something, she'd get crazy paranoid. If she were interested and had a different frame of mind forward it I would definitely smoke with her. Not likely to happen.

If you ever decide to try again smoke it, and take just like 2 hits, and breathe deeply and know that if you get paranoid it'll pass.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will I ever come down completely? I hate this feeling :( it's been over 12 hours

6. Best thang to do is drink some water and go to sleep. Easiest way to get rid of it. You might feel groggy when you get up but you should be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. you'll be fine keep hydrated ,,have a good nights sleep ...and try to stop thinking about being paranoid and you'll be ok ,,,,,mac,,

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It'll pass dear just forget it and move on lol its obviously not your thing but yeah edibles last longer than smoking it so that's why you probably feel like that. Also the trauma of going to the emergency hospital lol it'd gonna shake you a bit.

I've took mushrooms an salvia and other strong natural psychotics and rode nightmare trips out.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thanks everyone For the kind words. While I am a marijuana supporter, I think it just may not be for me I'm feeling much better. A little hungover haha. I feel so bad, I scared my poor husband to death.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. All sorts of things happen to the best of us. :) If you ever experiment again and come across any trouble - sugary foods and drinks is first step (alongside proper hydration with water) - a few cubes worth of sugar minimum, ibuprofen (200-400mg) is next, and then either sleep or a light meal. (meal not as effective with edibles - better sugar, ibuprofen, water, and sleep)

Luckily, marijuana is an easy drug to get off (when smoking it's just a matter of a few cookies on munchies to peak 30-60 minutes in lol), however edibles can be quite potent and take down anyone. But at least know that if something goes wrong, your husband is there to take the correct action.

11. To piggyback on the previous post, sometimes I get really shaky and anxious after eating high dose edibles and I think it has something to do with my blood sugar. Having a glass of orange juice when I feel like that usually helps.