What Happened To Free Will?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by reallyhighguy, May 29, 2014.

1. Why is it that when we earn money, we are obligated to give some of that to the government? Why is it that when Johnny decides to light up a joint, there's a chance he may be fined and sentenced to jail time? Why is it that when we decide to make any actions in our life, others have to step in and regulate the way we do it? There's always someone in the way, watching every move, controlling our lives. Who decided that we should live this way; having a select few in charge with the rest following their commands and their rules? Who decided that we should have to pay to live in this world? How can so many people be OK with this; shrugging it off like "that's just the way it is".

Just a few thoughts from my stoned mind. How do y'all feel about this?

- reallyhighguy  :smoking:

2. #2 lazytoker, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    you're free to say 'fuck the gubbmint, I do what I want", and do what you want..... and the gubbmint is free to put you in prison for it... then you're free to try to break out.

3. maybe take into consideration not only the things the government does to us but what the do for us as well?

4. Good point, but feels like they do more to us than for us... And usually it's for their benefit.

5. You can live as freely as you want if you move to a forest.

6. I feel its best to look at the way we allow our government, media, schools, and advertising to condone the propagandist style of control the human race has been subject to over its known history. We absolutely have free will, but we are riddled with subconscious messages. Minds are tools, they are no more than that. How it is used is completely up to the conscious being using it...that being said its a gentle and tedious process to rid itself of the subconscious BS and replace it with a heartfelt loving and compassionate attitude we all want, yet is nowhere to be seen here on earth. Only hidden away in households and individuals.

7. http://youtu.be/bZ1jbygrDg8

8. you imagined it existed to begin with.

9. it's the absence of one's perception. It has ceased to exist.

10. I blame it on religion

Omega369

11. really, we are a very long way from where our founding fathers thought we should be. the original plan, was near perfect. the apathetic response to years of political maneuvering, have landed us in the mess we are in now. our political system has morphed into a almost un-saveable, lost cause. still, i'm glad to be here. i've lived in many countries, i like this one the best...

12.  I agree with you the show was set up but there were some parts that were very funny.
    Nat Geo is pretty much a joke these days just like the History Channel.

13. lol you think you have free will. That's a good joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. As mentioned before, the media take's hold of the masses minds.
    Those who are able to even reach this level of questioning in effect discovers their true power...now if we could just meet up, and try and create our own version of media, before the internet is completely censored...we could try and open people's minds. I dream about this everyday. Sometimes I have visions of something mildly creative, but nothing I've ever felt could actually lead somewhere inspiring.

One day...with the help of Jane. ;)

15. We never really had it.. that's why it's up to us to change that.  :bongin:

16. Evolution and our intelligence gone too far. As humans we hang about in packs to survive, each pack has people on top who's job it is too look after those under them (so they have people to lead) now with our massive civilisations they have to have a system in place to look after them all, the government. The problem arises when the people on top decide to manipulate their power for their own cause. That's what I think anyway

“Casual drug users should be taken out and shot” – Darryl Gates (Chief of LAPD & US Senate Judiciary Committee)"
    ^ and they say we're the bad guys/gals

17. #19 FreedomFighter420, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    The Government happened... :(

Sent from my Tree of Wisdom

18. Nothing happened, because there may have not been any freewill to exist in the first place.

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app