Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What grows like Marijuana??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by br0ken, May 14, 2013.

1. What up blades,
    moving back home this summer for a few months then am moving in with some rad people come August and plan on growing some dope. We're all cardholders and the other two have grown HPS and soil before.  I'm a little behind in the game haha, never grown anything really.  While im home for 3 months, I'd like to invest in a little setup and grow some shit just to get some practice in, ya digg? I'll be at my parents and don't want to disrespect them by growning weed in their house lol. SO my question is: What grows like marijuana?! I'm down to put in as much work as the plant requires :) I'm thinking indoor in my room in a aluminum surrounded wall thing with a light if necessary. It'd be sweet if y'all come up with a plant that i could acutally forceflower or something! 
    peace

2. #2 G4Grassdetta, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    To clarify. You're looking for a plant that is as interesting on a botanical level as MJ?

Good luck.

if you are looking for something equally interesting but not a "plant" per se, then try Mycology.

Or you could grow Ruderalis for Lulz.

3. Try tomatoes to start. 

4. I'd do heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs and other "fancy food" stuff! Your mom might enjoy using fresh herbs and "gourmet" veggies when cooking. And with a variety of plants, you would get a broader experience in growing!

5. Tomatoes are probably your best bet. I grow radish, carrots, lettuce, watermelon, sunflowers, morning glory, basil, strawberries, etc. The closet thing to cannabis are probably tomatoes. 

6. Tomatoes, they have a similar structure and life cycle.  They're a good plant to practice LST on, as well.

Yay for bumping old threads that have already been answered.... <_<

8. Hops are in the exact family as cannabis plus it's legal so I would assume they have the same growth rates and flowering periods

9. Hops are in the exact family as cannabis plus it's legal so I would assume they have the same growth rates and flowering periods