Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What gets you high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zomagad, May 13, 2010.

1. I've been having a conversation with my friend's, brother's, girl-friend who apparently has been smoking for quiet the time. She's telling me that it's the crystals on the weed that make you high, whereas I always thought that it was the orange/red hairs. Well GC, which of the two is it?

P.S.

Is there a physical way of getting all of the hairs (or crystals) extracted from the marijuana plant and smoke or ingest ONLY the THC?

2. #2 Blunt Visions, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    It's not such much as the hairs, that's just a sign that you have some good weed. It's the crystals (THC) that will determine how high you get. IMO

PS: Err you don't want pure THC, that's bad for you. I believe it's THC and something else you want (cannaboids? I'm not an expert in weed dude lol.)

3. Well, the way I see it is the red hairs and crystals are just deposits of extremely concentrated THC (main chemical that gets you high, delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and i believe that is found in all parts of the plants, some places more than others like, say the bud has more than the stems, and the crystals happen to have the most in the bud.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because i'm not 100% :D

4. Ohh ok, they all contribute (all have THC concentration) but the crystals has a higher concentration than the hairs? Right?

5. the more frosty it is the higher you will be.The frosty stuff is called resin glans.I have had some Hairy as weed that barely got me high,It was called Orange krush and i got it at the Medical club thinking "Oh it's hairy as hell and only 10 a gram,this a steal" Then after smoking it,it wasn't "all that and a bag of chip" so to speak.I even got a seed in it,but it was only 1 so i'm keeping it to cross it with a Frosty strain like white widow ,so it come out hairy as hell and frosty as hell:p

this is what that Orange Krush looks like,It looks so good yet so disappointing.

Attached Files:

6. Tetrahydrocannabinol.

7. defiantly the crystals. no idea about the hairs though

8. lol, b4 i read what u wrote i was just gonna write weed gets me high

vape it mane.....get u some hash

9. So what does that mean that hairs are? a way of determining the quality it was grown?

10. hairs have thc too...as does the entire nug...even the fan leaves of weed plants have small concentrations of thc

chrystals for sure determine dankyness over hairs tho

11. The crystals are what contains the chemicals that get you high.. the hairs only get you high because they have crystals on them too.

12. I think the hairs collect pollen so big fat hairs mean it's some quality sensi because the hairs gotta strive to catch that pollen. I could be wrong, though. It's definitely the crystals that get you high, ask anyone with a 4 piece grinder lol

13. Great, thanks guys!