What extracts are legal to make ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Headhunterpipes, Jun 2, 2018.

1. I live in Nevada .
    I would like to make extracts legally <<<< not for sale , personal use <<<<<
    Something like Crumble Not butane DAB , does anyone know what machine is used to make crumble and know if its legal to make in Nevada ?

Thank you

2. #2 BudButler, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    as far as i can tell from some real quick reading no concentrates are allowed to be made.

according to norml you can have upto 3.5 grams of concentrates legally

when you dive into the legal jargon you come across this definition for concentrates
    and then i came across this
    Nevada Laws & Penalties - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
    NRS: CHAPTER 453 - CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
    2015 Statutes of Nevada, Pages 3077-3196
    all that being said if your just making some for personal use no one is going to bust you.

(edit) also i'm not a lawyer in any regard, in fact i'm fairly ignorant when it comes to laws especially for states i don't live it. so take every thing i said with a few grains of salt

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the legal advise

What machine would I need to make some top notch crumble ?

4. Get some bubble bags for some nice hash. No problem.
    Get a rosen press for some nice rosen. No problem.
    Get a rotary evaporator for some nice honey. Don't get caught.
    Get a CO2 extractor. Get shitty green oil.

a b and d, I don't see a problem. option c has flammables; is why they don't want peeps doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have never operated a rotary vaporizer , if you have used one could you supply a link to one you think would work good

6. Easy to work, expensive to buy. Allows you to capture your isopropyl alcohol. You can find them on the auctions; pretty well all the same as long as they work; I think the popular name brand is Buchi. If you seriously want that, you can buy one here.

Alternatively, you don't really need one, depends how much you process. If its just a liter or two, you can use a double broiler on the stove. Pour the tincture into the broiler and place a bowl in the center. Now flip the lid of the double broiler and place some ice in the lid. Turn on heat (medium or so, not high!) and let the process begin. As the alcohol heats up and evaporates, it will condense when it hits the lid filled ice. The condensed liquid will drip back into the bowl. When its done, the only thing left outside the bowl will be oil. I always used to wash the oil by adding ~ 1/2 cup of water and slowly rotating the mixture over the burner (no more broiler here). By the time the water is gone, the alcohol is too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you very much for the time it took you to answer my questions .
    I am a bit nervous because I haven't ever made any oil or crumble before and it really sounds like my first batch I should have some one there that knows what they are doing.

Hopefully last question .
    Can you provide me with a link to a book that would give step by step instructions Double boiler .
    and using a rotary Vaporizer .
    The double boiler sounds some what like it could be a fire hazard if the person doesn't do it exactly right.

Thank you

Ps You ever get in my neck of the woods please PM me .

8. yo Headhunterpipes,

do a search for
    Cannabis Alchemy - Cannabis Research AZ .PDF

Making oil is hazardous and you need to know what you are doing; that is why its probably illegal where you live. ie. people have died in the past.
    Remember I also recommended a 'Rosin press'; no danger there except for getting too baked. You can find them on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That sounds the safest ( Rosin press )
    Thank you ..

10. if you can come up with the cash the Rosinbomb, Nugsmasher, Sasquash, and EZpress are all great digital pneumatic presses... the rosin bomb rocket is great for a small presonal use smasher and all u do is plug it into the wall and hit a button and it smashes for u.works best if you sift some shake or nug in a micron bag and collect kief... smashing good kief i can get 50% plus returns of goood shatter or crumble.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Dry Ice and a Sawzall.
    :)
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. Makes a person kind a dizzy looking at all the different extracts and the ways and machinery to make some of these extracts .

I went online and looked at rotary vaporizers and closed loop systems , rosin presses .
    Thought about using butane or Co2 systems or alcohol .
    Thought about committing a class one felony.
    I thought about how high I got off the store bought crumble, I also thought about how high I get just smoking the Keef .

I have the funds to buy rotary vaporizer or a closed loop system or a rosin press .

The thought of people not knowing what they are doing and blowing themselves up and their homes did cross my mind .
    I wish that I had training or at least some experience making extracts so.
    The butane and alcohol systems scares me …………………….

On the rosin presses a person I know says you don't get that much rosin out of them per x amount of weed ?
    If I was to press 1/4 pound of dam good weed like amnesia haze anyone have a guess on how much rosin it will produce ?

I have some killer blue dream that makes allot of keff. Its get me really stoned on one hit .
    To me its close to the high I get off of crumble and just as fast and you stay stoned for the same amount of hours .
    Seems everyone's suggestions are good suggestions .
    My first thoughts are safety and not getting busted I am not sure what direction to go.