What ever happened to my "mites" thread?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by KoC sTONER, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I made the effort to post some good info. and pics to help people out and now it appears to be gone?

humbug :(

2. Where did you post it?

Was it in this forum?

3. It llooks to me like it was moved out of sight by a mod..

At the end of the thread, it looks like there was some bad discussion.. Since we do not allow for bashing, (or what ever you may want to call it), It was moved out of the members forums...

There could be other reasons, but the mod didn\'t explain..

I\'ll see if i can find out the explaination though.

4. Maybe the mod was embarassed because he called me numb nuts. Who knows... w/e... if thats the case, I don\'t care.

The info. I provided was for people interested in learning more about mites. If some people\'s \"know it all\" ego\'s got rubbed... so be it... I\'ll post on a site where people are open minded to statements backed by evidence.

BTW... most sites I go to... the mod(s) are not so frictional, or abusive for that matter with the moderating powers granted them.

5. hey koc... it was not cuzz of the numb nuts...

i was cleaning all the spam, including mines... but as i kept reading over and over, looks like u put everybody who try to help u down.....

i appologize for calling u numb nuts, maybe my \"flea Joke was to harsh for u\" and lead u to the smartazz reply, as i reply to u with numb nuts... remember, it takes 2 to start a war..

but sometimes people cant take jokes... so i do appoligize......Shade.....

Ps... when i reply in a thread.. i reply as a Member, not as a MOD... If i would abuse my powers, u been out of here, and i would been out of here for abuseing my powers.. But i dont abuse my power... I decided your thread needed a cleaning, but after i read your whole thread like 3 times, i decided it needed removeing untill futher notice...

6. my 2 cents worth. l,ve been growing for 10 years and l try to avoid spider mites.lf l see anything that even looks like one l spray em .
    The point l make is if ya do everything right in the first place theres no need to learn about problems :D.
    crythanthiums kept near the air intake keep spidermite away.

7. lol... Sometimes I don\'t know why I bother. But here it is anyway...

When I read your last reply I interpret it as half apology and half derogatory \"sorry for hurting your sensitive feelings kiddo\" sentiment, neither of which matters to me.

Concerning \"flea Joke was to(o) harsh for u\"... It wasn\'t harsh, it wasn\'t anything really, which was my point. However, taken into context with the previous replies it reads more like this...

...Several people saying with absolute certainty that the pics I posted were spider mites and finding it humorous that I questioned it. Thus, if I didn\'t believe like everyone else (i.e. group think<---look it up) that they are spider mites, I might as well call them fleas, cause I have no clue. Did I missinterpret? Apologies if I did.

Concerning \"i was cleaning all the spam, including mines... but as i kept reading over and over, looks like u put everybody who try to help u down.....\"

My response to that is simple... People that try to talk like they are experts at something when in fact they are talking out of their asses are a waste of time and energy, and shouldn\'t be guiding others. In the real world, when people try to come off that way they get labeled bullshitters. I have no time for bullshitters. What I wrote in the \'moved\' thread was a euphemised version of the above sentiment.

It should be obvious to anyone familiar with spider mites that my specimens look quite different and from my descriptions, behave quite different. But that has no place here as it was already discussed in the \'moved\' thread.

Perhaps the \'moved\' thread would have evolved differently if those few people, so sure that my specimens were spider mites, had instead made constructive suggestions about them as opposed to absolute statements. Based on all the evidence, these people appear to be completely wrong and thus, could be misguiding other people with the same questions I had.

critter: You miss some of the point, perhaps due to you not reading the thread before it was \'moved\'. As it turns out, my mites appear to be beneficial. Their population has noticebly decreased by about 1/2 since my first posting, and I have seen only one adult Fungus Knat since. It is my feeling that I do indeed have predator mites(likely hypoaspis) and that their population is self-limiting.

Regarding \"Ps... when i reply in a thread.. i reply as a Member, not as a MOD... If i would abuse my powers, u been out of here, and i would been out of here for abuseing my powers.. But i dont abuse my power... I decided your thread needed a cleaning, but after i read your whole thread like 3 times, i decided it needed removeing untill futher notice...\"

Moderators are members but you really can\'t be both. Your arbitrary decision to \"remove(ing) untill futher notice...\" makes that quite clear. I would also propose that if you found my comments too insulting to remain on the forum, perhaps it is you who is too sensitive to \"harsh\" words, and I apologise for being so \"harsh\". Though, all I did was put a question out seeking sensible replies. I made responses with constructive comments, and evidence to support my ideas... but sometimes people cant take factual debate... so i do apologise......

lol... all that said, and my only intent was to help people out with no bullshit info. on mites. I think I need to be either censored again, or promoted to moderator so I can delete... err \'move\' shade\'s \"member\" account.

8. Ya don,t seem to understand friend .

Nobody here is better than anyone .That includes you and me.

The mods here just try and keep the peace and have people treat each other with respect.

The site is own by sj and he sets the rules for the mods.We just carry them out to the best of our abilities.

We try to help people the best we can .lf thats not good enough find another site.

All you have done here is attempt to show up people that bother to try and help.

l would advise a more friendly aproach if ya wanna get people on side and helping you.

Just a few thoughts from a stoned offf :D

p.s. l just read all your posts :D.ya not a happy camper are ya ???

l can tell you how l get 50 ozs from 2 plants and a 1000w light hydro .lts easy .All ya have to do is everything my way.l,am sorry if you think l/we should have knowledge about problems we never encounter.

9. lol... Yes sir... lack of understanding is defintely one of my weak points... you sure got me on that one. LMFAO Your response is exactly the reason why I ask myself why I even bother. lol... \"show up\" \"better than anyone else\" these are your interpretations not mine. Smoke a bit less and save the few remaining brain cells ya got so you know how to interpret what I was saying correctly. Now that is certainly rude, but honest... I find it humerous and frustrating at the same time that people like you feel the need to speak when it is not required.

Did you even read the first thread? nm... i don\'t give a shi.. err... care if you did. This is a waste of time... I hope anyone out there that still has some of their brain intact learned something cool about mites, like I did, that is before the thread was \'moved\'.

10. you had mites of some sort....!!.....the majority of which are dealt with in the same manner as any pest on an MJ plant........there is no need for a big post on the diffrent types, they are mainly killed in the same manner............if you felt that you knew all the answers to your questions then why make a thread?..........as for the moderation of a thread, including yours, that is up to any mod who fells that the thread is no longer needed or inappropriate..........Peace out.........Sid

11. lol... Read the first \'moved\' thread sidious before you make your judgment. It will address every comment you made, and hopefully change your perception of my intention in writing it. You frequently write good stuff on here... and based on your many helpful replies in this forum I would guess that after reading both threads, you at least will see the information as I intended it be.

12. rotflmao ,oh that hurt .[​IMG].l,ll just go have a few more bongs while l consider what to do with you[​IMG] .Keeping in mind the rules about personal attacks :D

13. Just like this thread, the other one had to many bad feelings towards others..
    On this site we mod with a (treat people like you want to be treated) view point..

If some one answersa your question, and it\'s not what you want to hear, doesn\'t give you the right to bash or be hatefull..

If we are not up to your standards, please by all means go to a place that are that high in the air..

We wish all memebrs to stay here.. Sometime this just isn\'t the place for some!

14. Perhaps you didn\'t read the rules when you signed up. This is a direct quote from the rules that you agreed to when you signed up to use this site:

Moderators and Admins are here to help you, but also keep in mind their decisions are final. They have the power to ban members and alter/delete postings as they feel necessary.\"

Feel free to refresh your memory here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28927

LOL, sounds to me by this quote that you\'d fit right into the catagory of the first quote by you above.

15. KoC, you took a stupid little problem and turned it into a temper tantrum, if you need attention so badly there are plenty of other forums online with no mods or rules.

16. know somethin Koc, appoligize since i felt i did wrong with the lame joke, leading to your reply, and leanding to mine aging.. but thats not even the point...

the point is, u dont bash on other members who try to help u... the last reply u did to the other member was uncalled for..

your reasearch was coo and all, but u didnt letf it there.. at same time u put other member down... what do u get by putting in almost all your replys about how the other members didnt knew what they where talking about?... u should be more thanxfull for other comeing and trying to help u, instead of bashing them...

17. Also closed...by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.