What ever happened to human compassion?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by joe123, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Seriously... Why does our government(USA) need to run every aspect of our lives. Im tired of it. We all have a moral obligation to help eachother out as much as we can, regardless these tough economic times.

When i was a kid my mom was a single mother with a few mental disorders. She took care of three kids and took care of a house with a mortgage with no help from the government. Well when her bipolar and depression kicked in for the worse, she lost her job and couldnt hold one after that for longer than a month. There was a point as a child there was nothing more to eat in my house besides pancakes. And then it took a turn for the worse, the house got foreclosed on.

Yet, even when a single mother and 3 kids nearly starved to death and became homeless. My mom tried to get help, there was none given. The only help was given from non-profit private organizations who knew they had a moral obligation to help. Most individuals in the 21st century believe they dont need to help others because thats the "governments job".

Thats where our government is wrong, them controlling every aspect of our lives gives the people the notion of moral hazard. They tell you to borrow and spend money, but is that whats your best interest? There encouraging unhonest actions by individuals which sickens me.

I do not regret my childhood, I embrace it. You can not know love without knowing the pain. Now with all of this in mind, realize that with these welfare programs installed to "Help" the people, they couldnt even help one family in need. But we got by.

Now my brother has a great job, my sister lives happily married with my nephew on the way, and my mom has a house thats owned and is enjoying the rest of her years. Me? Well i took a different road.

After living the harsh life i lived(Im not saying it was the worst, but it sure wasnt easy), through drug addiction and dealing, watching friends die, watching friends and family being shipped off to war, my childhood... I saw so much pain and im tired of it. Its my moral obligation to take a stand against the immoral acts of tyranny and allow the building block for a free society, away from violence and poverty. Take a stand against our governments warfare-welfare state. Take a stand against the immoral actions encouraging individuals to go there life by greed and ignorance.

We are in the biggest financial mess the world has ever seen, the amount of money missing is ridiculous. There is only one way to get out of it. That is Liberty. The constitution says "Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness". To uphold Life and Happiness, you need Liberty.

A few people had a moral obligation to help one family and those few people, whomever may run those private services, inspired me to have my own set of principles run by moral obligation. Im now going to college majoring in political science, with a vow of bringing this unhonest and immoral system to the ground.

I will run as a delegate in 2016 for the republican party, under whomever protects Ron Pauls ideals. Join me people, when your fed up with government then run for government. We all have a moral obligation to do something about this, we are all American(unless your from another country, sorry!). With that in mind, let the revolution begin!

2. Good post! Unfortunately the next four years will be more of what you hate. Until the goverrnment removes the safety net our citizens will continue to make poor decisions. You run and I'll vote for you.

3. I believe in our ability to help eachother.

The government taking from one person and giving to another pisses me off.

4. Lol you run for delegate OP, well see how that works out

5. exactly... I believe this next century will be the reawakening of Liberty. We have had tastes of it, but never the full thing. In order for society to progress with prosperity this is the only way i can see our goals met. We must take our country back from us, thse globalist really have the power. There is no need for violence though, through education is much better. Than money in politics wouldnt matter as much.

6. With that mind set, youll never get anywhere my friend. The worlds most successful people never really had a plan for there success. They just knew of it, the rest came to them.

Its something called the Law of Attaction, go watch the documentry called the secret while on psychedelic substances and then come talk to me.... Youll understand.

7. And politicians are going to have to acknowledge that some people will have more difficult lives in the short run in order for us to have a sustainable fiscal policy.

8. i feel you man. i believe our culture puts a lot of pressure on every individual only to support those in power. it's not healthy

9. My wife has that book & she's explained to me about the laws of attraction which I do believe in, also the power of poisitive thinking but I don't realistically believe that's all you need.
    God gave us the ability to do the footwork. With that ability & a postive attitude one can go far.
    Cheers

10. Oh i know that... You have to react with the thought process. Im just tired of seeing our country in distress. Ive convinced myself that ill do whatever is needed to have Liberty in America again. I dont want to sit around and watch anymore, it kills me. I want to help solve these problems, but first we have to get the population on the same thinking level.

11. This just sounds like a pep rally ooh ra speech. While i do feel for you and understand where you're coming from, you need to take this to your local community. Voice this to the people around you.

Majority of GC won't give positive feedback or help you advance your plans.

While in many aspects you're right we've lost our compassion, there is still a large number of positive individuals looking to help others and better our communities and society.

12. I am currently working with my local community. But this wasnt about GC helping me, this is about me helping America out. One person cant do this alone, but with support and momentum from there "movement" and followers. politically anything is possible, its been done.

13. Name a time when universal human compassion was greater than it is today. 150 years ago it barely existed as a concept and I think we've come a long way since then.

14. Before humans Prehistoric humans 'had compassion and cared for others' | Mail Online

The basic society of humans, showed large amounts for compassion. They had to or else there society would fail. If the hunter didnt hunt, yet the builder built, they will all still starve. Yet if the builder didnt build, the hunter would be homeless. They didnt even realize the compassion involved in that.

Today builders build to get money, not to keep there society strong and everyone alive.(I know not in every case)

Also before the welfare state came about, Americans were cared for by doctors and hospitals if they couldnt pay for it. No one was turned down just because of money. That means doctors were much more compassionate than today.

Dont forget about politicians too. Early politicians werent perfect but atleast they had moral principles that they brought with them to the booth.

Just because our government acts as if they are compassionate, is it truly compassion? or are they using compassion as an excuse to trample on the rights of others. Plus the population now believes our government is entitled to financially supporting the unemployed and underpaid. Why would it be there job? Its your moral obligation to help others suffering, not a bureaucracy.

Theres times in history were i bet human compassion has been lower than it is now, but this is not the best its been and this sure as hell is no the best we can be. Dont you all want to get rid of Washingtons bullshit policies? Policies that will effect generations from now, that effect our moral compass of our population towards the world, that effect the wallets of all americans, that effect the rights and liberties for our society.