What does perfectly cured bud feel like?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Sinescent, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I've smoked a long time but new to growing and harvesting my own crop. Thanks to this forum my first grow was a huge success. Now after a 3 weeks drying in my garage they are going in jars. I'm curious as to how I know when I've done a bang up job curing them as well?
    Should it be slightly brittle while still maintaining some squishy-ness to it?

How would you describe the texture and feel of some perfectly cured cannabis?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. In my book, the buds should be hard enough to 'rattle' the jar when you shake it. Shouldn't smell like anything other than bud ( no hay smells). I personally cure a 2 month minimum. Cracking jars frequently is a must. The potency and flavor difference between one month and 2 is huge.
    A lot of bud I see going around isn't cured or dry enough, it just doesn't burn all the way. The burn test is an important one.
    Don't use cheap jars ( don't recycle your pickle jars for this app)! Use food grade plastic screw type jars or canning jars. Other clamp type jars work well too.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for your take I appreciate that. What do you mean by the burn test?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. How well it burns, evenly, nice smoke, no chemical smells, stays lit, best of all you want just nice white ash at the end.

At least that's how i judge the herb I smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well put! :)
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  6. Should be like wiping you arse with silk :p
    Kidding aside, as a long time smoker you should recognize what they t should look/feel like. Dry to the touch but not so dry that it crumbles to dust and some squish when pressed. Personally I like to use boveda 62% packs for curing (makes it easier for my lazy ass). Then I use 58% in my daily stash jars just because I find they vape better with less humidity.