what does music mean to you?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ismokegreen, Dec 23, 2009.

1. i dont know what my life would be without music. music was there when i was bored, when i was sleepy, when i was happy or sad. music honestly got me through some of the rougher times in my life when i was just miserable. there is nothing else like it in the world, and the best thing you can do with you mind and your ears.

2. life or death.

3. Word.

I literally don't know what I would do without music.

4. yup..music is prolly my favorite thing in the world. ever since i got that marshall mathers lp at age 9 i was converted to hip hop forever

like smokegreen said, i cant tell u how many times i put on music durin rough times and happy times of my life. its crazy.

5. music is my soul. without it, I would die.

6. music is what connects people across the world. music is as language that every culture speaks. music is everlasting life

7. I've always wished that I appreciated music more and felt the emotion behind it. The more I listen to different bands and styles of music, the more that I understand music. Music is one thing that has constantly been in my life and I am so happy that I can use it as an escape when need be, or as a supplement to life. Life without music would suck, its just so beautiful, so motivating, so touching.

8. About wraps it up for me as well.

9. "hip hop, music is my sanctuary so i take a long listen, start wishin, my parents i could get along with em"

10. "so i would go inside my room and dig deep within the strong rhythms"

11. I believe music is the food for the soul. Life would be so boring without music .

Jack Wilson

12. It's my life. I listen to music everyday for probably 2-3 hours a day at the least, hell sometimes I just sit at the computer with my Studio Beats By Dre on bumping some of my favorite Hip hop and RnB thinking about shit. I find it easier to think about things that happen in my life when I have my headphones on, it's almost like the music makes me think of situations in my life and what can possibly happen depending on how I react.

13. i think there's something very sacred about music. it stimulates your brain, body and your soul. it can change your moods in an instant. and like other people have said, it helps me think as well. i think music was my first drug.

14. Definitely not my first drug, but one I can't resist. I used to hate music but something changed in me to where now I can't stop. I constantly check websites for the newest music just to keep my ears happy.

15. you just caught tha bug late.
    but yea, i used to go down to the basement, plug in the boombox and just sit there with my headphones on for hours listening to the radio or my dads old tapes. like seriously i lived with my boombox from the age of like 6-13. now i got better shit than a boombox tho.