Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Does Medical do For Street Prices?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fountaincityman, Aug 20, 2018.

1. It is twenty days until we get Medical Marijuana in Ohio. All indications are it is going to be a shit-show since the politicians dragged there feet at every step of the way and growers did not get approval to grow on time. I expect after about three months MMJ to actually be widely available. What does legal weed do to the prices of street buys? Should I expect the cost to go up or down once MMJ is widely available?

2. Being a medical user ya gotta pay the doctor, state, and the grower. Best just to grow your own in my opinion. I could be a medical user but after all the cost I just stayed rec and grow my own. Every once in awhile I’ll make a trip to see a dispensary but rarely.

3. It depends on availability, quality, convenience, and so on. Basically people are going to spend their money where ever they feel they get the best value with a reasonable amount of convenience. If the Med shops have a decent product that is readily available, and the quality is just as good or better, and the price is lower, then less people are going to buy from street dealers. Less demand equals lower cost. If the med shops have low quality, or price too much higher than a street dealer then street prices will stay the same. I am in Colorado, and have no need to even hunt a street dealer because we have good availability, price, and convenience.