what does 420 mean? were does it come from?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gri77oN, Aug 21, 2003.

1. i just don't get it.

Maybe because I'm french.
    how am i suppose to pronounce it?
    four-twenty
    for-two-oh
    fourty-two-oh
    is it a joke, a signal, a code?

can anyone enlighten me?

plus : where does it comes from?
    (a joke, a movie/cartoon, a comic? ...)

2. lol 420.....four-twenty.....Its international smoke out day.....April 20th......April 4th month of the year...20 day of the month...=DDD its just like a signal for stoners....but alot of posers say it lol=D

3. "the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation.
    So there ya go, someone's parents out there invented the term 4/20.
    And remember this:
    There are NOT 420 chemicals in Weed. It's about 315, the num. goes up or down depending on what you're smoking.
    4/20 is NOT police code or Maryjane.
    And that whole shit about Holland and 4/20 over there being "tea time" for smokers isn't true either. "

I didn't write that...
    Hence...
    The quotation marks...

4. 420 is the code the hippies used when they wanted to go for a smoke.

5. well...

I see I got an direct answer without being flamed.

There was a time where all help I could get on the internet was "RTFM".

cool.

thanx for the enlightenment.

And may the force be with us all.

6. ^^we don't flame much here at the city, but we do enjoy the occassional BBQ :D

7. My B-day is 4-21 :)

8. Damn I was fucking funny, a couple days ago I was over at my friends house and he were in his kitchen getting food and I turned and look at the oven clock and it said 4:19 and I told him we had to do a dance for 4:20 until 4:21 so now we've started doing it. How do I love rituals. And I think everyone should do a healthy 4:20 dance everyday!

Do it, do ittttt!!!

9. what does that mean obliviot?

10. nice anecdote!

another question please: I have searched the meaning , but have only come up with multiple uses without any "translation" ..

"typo ocd problem"

I guess it's a syndrome where somehow while you type a word some letters on your keayboard seems to swap places until you actually bring you eyes down on the keyboard again.

Hey I actualy have an explanation for this:
    Keyboard are jalous of mouses.

11. I know someone with a lplate that says UpNSMKE or something very close. We always thought that was so dumb for a dealer.

Hey Obliviot. My new comp is a 5150. What a crazy coincidence.