What do you use to tie your plants down that's safe to use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SEZgrow, Mar 8, 2017.

1. First grow......Finally got the ph in my soil right n my girls exploded! habiba auto fem.....pics are exactly 2 weeks apart....everytime I checked on them they looked different, they have me captivated[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. They are gorgeous, well done man

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zip ties, yarn, rubber coated wire - anything that isn't sharp that would cut into the stem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I use crafting twine that I had left over and it works great, I just loop it aroumd the stem and then scotch tape it to the outside of my pot and it hoolds. Nothing fancy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i used butchers twine, its just what i had around at the moment. you can tie it with anything. just make it loose to allow the plant to grow, if you tie it to tight it will cut into it or the plant will grow around it. I drilled holes in the rim of my pot to tie them off too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will tying down the tops affect that pretty bud up there at all??

7. Thank you, I knew I read somewhere that certain things dig into the plant, just don't wanna do anything that's gonna do any damage this late in the game. Appreciate ur help

8. nope, you can bend her right over, just be careful not to snap or break her. after you bend her over it won't take long for her to turn back towards the light. i keep tying them down and trying to expose light to all of the bud sites. id do it all through veg and maybe a couple weeks into flower. i wouldn't go to crazy into flower, just position her where you want her. you dont want to waste her energy from moving back towards the light instead of growing buds

9. They are already in flower, I don't have any more room to move light up:( I guess it's tie down or burn those buds

10. just do your best, I'm sure you'll be fine! what week into 12/12 are you?

11. I have supercropped the taller ones in flower with no adverse effect. You definitely don't want to burn your buds - except when you smoke them.

12. They are autoflowers, 1 has been in flower for about a 4 weeks. The rest I'd say 2 weeks. 2 still not there......def not a fan of the autoflower...... I like control, don't feel like I have much

13. ive never grown autos before and I'm still relatively new to this. but id bend them to where you want them and leave them alone unless their getting to tall for your grow space. I used fem seeds but i kept pulling the top down to try and even out the canopy and noticed that the bud development was slowing down or didnt grow after i did that. just keep an eye on it and let the plant tell you if your doing it right. i kinda wish i bought an auto so i could have started it while i was vegging my others. but it deff is nice to have control over them

14. I have done a lot of reading, and from what I've read the autos don't like to be topped or trained too much. I'm no expert because I use photo seeds, but I would do some research on autos before you do too much, you wouldnt want to hurt your harvest by doing something like that.
    On photo plants, my last go round, I tied everything down and it made a huge difference in the size and number of bud sights on the plants.

15. I feel you on no control over autos, I've done a half circle lst with one of my autos a couple months ago and got alright yields due to other circumstance. But I have never really had a problem lightly bending main/nodes away from lights, etc. Early veg I actually use paper clips. I normally grow half auto half photo. I get close to 1.5-2oz a plant optimal grow. Most of the autos I have grown pack weight on the last couple weeks till harvest. Autos don't bounce back as quick as photoperiod if at all, but you definitely don't want light burn on the ladies!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah i think your right now that i think of it. Autos are pretty finicky plants and get stressed easy.
    Theres a huge difference when done with photo plants. i have three plants and i left one alone for the most part, just a little LST, LST another one and topped and LST the last one. The topped and LSTd one is doing way better than them all and its only 3 weeks into 12/12. The first to i started at the same time and the LST one has at least double the amount of weight on it.

This has nothing to do with your post but i thought that id share lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. [​IMG]

Just tied these bitches down 2 hours ago, lol. I'm gonna b doing this a lot I c

• Like Like x 1